Plan Protection Clear Plastic Film

Perhaps a rarity these days, but I still build using good old balsa - sheet and strip wood and use various adhesives.
I see many a time in the magazine recommendation to use the clear backing from film coverings to protect the plan.
Well, yes but ... I find super-glues etc. adhere to this material and personally find the 'slightly greasy' feel of Tescos finest Fruit 'n Veg clear bags superb for protecting said plans against the ravages of 'Cryano Cyer wotsit' and Ambroid Balsa cement etc!
I would however prefer not to have to make a 'mosaic' of these small bags and use a larg(er) sheet or roll of the material.
Does anyone know where you can obtain it and what its official designation is i.e. the type of plastic it is made of?

Edited By Capt Kremen on 29/10/2009 15:20:53

Advert

Thanks to all for their helpful posts.
[I ordered 2 packs of 'Protect-A-Plan' from Balsa Cabin at 14:00 Friday and good old posty delivered them Sat morning at 09:00].

Fantastic and very helpful service from the Balsa Cabin team (Stuart, Lesley & Vanda).

Oh and It does seem to be the same type of plastic that Tesco's use for their loose fruit and veg bags!

Edited By Capt Kremen on 31/10/2009 12:58:52

Edited By Capt Kremen on 31/10/2009 13:00:27

Sainsburys greaseproof paper

You'll find it in the same section as clingfilm, tinfoil etc. Not transparent but when laid over a plan you can see through it perfectly well enough for our purposes. Cheap, and absolutely nothing seems to stick to it

Perhaps all suggestions here are compromises or at best hit ' miss:
Candle Wax - Tried it years ago, messes the plan up and 'flakes  of candle' everywhere when you finally fold/roll the plan are not popular with domestic management!
Cling Film - Sticks to wood and is a B*?"! to get off if you have used 'Cyano de Bergerac'
Geaseproof paper - PVA/White glue loves to bond with this.
Polythene Sheet e.g. 'B&Q' or 'Solarfilm' backing - Supa Duppa Glue sticks to it.
Protectaplan/'Tesco' veg bag - Aliphatic glue sticks to it and components being constructed.
(Note: I build a lot of vintage/old time models and these are mostly balsa 'stick' frame constructions. which are relatively fragile to unpick bits of barrier plan/protection from).