Parkzone Sukhoi Su-26m

Had a little spare time on my hands last night. Although the Sukhoi is a smashing little model - I thought the stock item looks a little boring and bland. so below is the result of me kicking my heals!  Its based on on my fellow flyer Justin Lill's full size 80cc petrol model (can be viewed in my albums)

What have I done!!   I'm in two minds now  Have I butchered a perfect stock model  or created a personalised indivdual model (still has to be tidied up a little yet!)  PS dont look close!  Should look good flying at a distance!

Butchered or personalised?  answers on a postcard please!!

Al

Edited By Alan B on 25/11/2009 11:29:28

Advert

Hi David

Yes it flies very well.  Flew it last week outside in a light breeze - went well. Flew it again at the indoor meet last Sunday. So far just done a couple of loops and a few rolls.  I am going to take the top off tonight and ajust the aileron links on the servo to get max throws (it advises when using your own TX -not to adjust the servo travel.  Hopefully will get a couple snap rolls in without loosing height.

One thing I must say about this little micro straight out of the box is that it is nose heavy. that means moving the battery as far to the rear as possible and and adding a little tail weight (some people actually cut the foam and extend the battery compartment). You have to get the C of G spot on as it is very critical. 

I have flown a couple of other makes of this type of micro that other people have purchased and I would say this one is probably the best of the bunch!

I cant comment on how it will fly now after its makeover! with that massive 0.2 gm increases in weight!   I will find out tomorrow night at the next indoor meet

Excellent fun!

Al

Edited By Alan B on 25/11/2009 17:16:48

I know Bruce!  A hat trick or 3 in a bed!  I'm humbled!  I will see what Justin thinks of it tomorrow night after copying his model.  He will probably want to fly it and do horrilble things to it as he likes to do with my aircraft!    He really makes me jealous as wish I could fly as good as him!  I think he could do a full F3 routine with a bag of spuds if it had a prop on it!

Edited By Alan B on 25/11/2009 17:39:09

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is a load of rubbish. Looking at other forums, you can easily get one with a bad motor. Even a simple loop requires a steep dive to pick up speed to achieve. Knife edge is out of the question even with the rudder linkage altered to give maximum deflection. I am off to the dealer tomorrow to get it replaced.
Why do they not use a modern brushless motor?
Also the very weak props. are hard to come by.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 05/12/2009 05:56:17

Cheers Ross - it does stand out now!  I tend to agree Martin. I think the motors and the power tends to be an issue - it seems to be the luck of the draw. I think my mates has a little more poke than mine. However it will loop ok from level flight.  If you have a problem getting props- I know Gliders of Newark have a good stock.  Talking of props, Im looking around for a smaller prop to see if it improves the performance (around the 5 inch size)  My sons Kyosho cherokee is approx the same size and weight model, but the props only about 4 "  I might give one of those a go to see what happens!

Hi Alan, after contacting the dealer who shall remain nameless but resides in Milton Keynes, they do not want to know. I shall send it back to Horizon Hobbies who have a good customer service dept. and if there is a problem they will no doubt sort it out. I may try `Gliders` but am awaiting a selection of props. from Hobby King.