Harmony competition

Peter Miller

Advert

No. The names were used very occasionally. AFter the first one I didn't use another one for years.

Lets make it a little easier. I willlimit it to just the ones published in the UK and just song titles or parts of a song title. Now you all have a fighting chance.

However I will expect a few of the actual names in the answer.

And to put you out of your misery. That first one was a control line biplane published in Model AViation in March 82 and it was called Tiger Rag.

Peter, there may be a flaw in this comp

Might people be reluctant to post your model names up here, because that will give the answers away to anyone else who's entering  ?

E.g, if I said "Yuppy Love", that would give that design away to everyone else who wasn't aware of that model  

Myron. I am sorry about the spelling. Trying to write the text for the model feature. Edit and adjust photos, cook lunch, answer emails and post replies and I tend to hit the keys too fast.

Simple answer. I reduce the work load. No more Forum answers

IanN

I see your point. Well, Just tell me how many. But I may ask for proof if you get the right answer.

And Yuppy Love isn't one of them as far as I know!

Edited By Peter Miller on 01/12/2009 13:43:08

Not Yuppy Love? I had you down as a 100% dead cert for an Osmonds fan!

I guess I'll also have to rule out Bonzo (Dog Doo-Dah Band), seeing as that's the artist, rather than a song title. I always liked the look of that aeroplane.

I think my solitary chance of winning went up in smoke when the dastardly Mr Wood logged on ten minutes before me with the Captain Scarlet answer - PolyMysteron, I reckon

Its great fun going back through the designs I can remember, though, and I've also turned up a few I wasn't previously aware of.

I didn't know Yuppy Love was a song, Oh, yes Puppy Love. Not a deliberate intention.

Yes, I seem to remember that it was the Bonzo Dog Doo da band that inspired that name. I will give you that one.

No, in fact the ones I was thinking of are all song titles but possibly one word missing.

Hey Myron. I used the spell check. Now go and pick on all the other  illegiterate postings on the forum.

I give UP. Birdy has won.

He came up with a whole mass of songs etc that I had never even thought of as music connected.

Here is my list followed by Birdy's

By 'eck And you only got one of the ones I deliberately used as a song title!

You WIN!
Mine were:
Chantilly Lace
(Good Golly) Miss MOlly,
Stupid Cupid
Peggy Sue
Jolene
Mary Lou (Not counted because it was in the USA)
Rhapsody
Symphony.

Then there is Super Trooper which has yet to be published.

I give up. You win, Just send me you address and I will send the plan and a print out of rough text an some build picture.

On 04/12/2009 19:19:52 birdy wrote:

Here you go:
Toot sweet - from chitty chitty bang bang

Aztec two step - A musical duo of Rex Fowler and Neal Shulman

Tequila Sunrise - A song by the Eagles

Yuppy Love - If that counts

Coquette - by Fats Domino

Quark - A phychodelic band

(Dizzy) Miss Lizzy - by The Beatles

Tiger Rag - mentioned earlier

Dutchess - An Album by Fergie

Falcon - a US band

Moon Dancer - There is an album named moondance, and a peice with the actual name by Van Morrison

Sunbeam - A band which released its dabut album Out of Reality in 1997

Tailwind - there are several songs called tailwind - see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_3?rh=i%3Adigital-music%2Ck%3Atailwind&keywords=tailwind&ie=UTF8&qid=1259873535 for some. Perhaps you like one of the bands.

Stits Baby Bird - Baby bird was the name of a band that released such albums as Fatherhood in 1996.

Roamer - A song by Enrique Iglesias

And yes, this is what happens when you have google at you fingertips,

birdy

Birdy get s the prize.

Competition over

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 04/12/2009 19:53:18