Ultra micro 4-site

It might be worth trying to establish exactly what sort of current these things are pulling before you buy a significant amount of the lower C cells. My caveat of of C rate being important only if actually likely to be reached still stands, but of course, the design of the model and motor combo may well be such that the cell is working at max C or near.

Edited By Timbo - Administrator on 29/12/2009 17:50:25

Its probably too new Jonathan. Give it a month or two after release and you can bet your life the data will be around, along with the modifications, bling, and hop ups etc.
You could try Horizon Hobby direct - they may release the data.
A club-mate has flown the prototype at the recent indoor masters comp - and he tells me its a great little model, and will be fine on non standard cells.
To quote him on our club website in response to a query from someone who was planning to have some of the 138m/a cells which I am shortly receiving in bulk....

"Ignore what Horizon say the 4site flies well on the 130`s"

• 2 weeks later...
Flew one at our indoor meeting last night - not very well I hasten to add, as this 3d crazy indoor stuff is not really my thing However, our club Stig threw it about as it was designed for, and it looks the bees knees. Surprisingly noisy though - but very tough as it "arrived" more than once in some very odd attitudes, and survived almost unscathed

One thing i noticed last night that i didnt at the Indoor masters, posibly due to it being a smaller hall, was how sencitve it is on the COG, get it to far back and the tail becomes very lively, but it was very agile and great fun, Mine has arived today so mywell be flown in the workshop this afternoon

BB

P.S Im sure Rich will love being compared to the stig

Posted by Barnesyboy on 20/01/2010 10:52:29:
One thing i noticed last night that i didnt at the Indoor masters, posibly due to it being a smaller hall, was how sencitve it is on the COG, get it to far back and the tail becomes very lively, but it was very agile and great fun, Mine has arived today so mywell be flown in the workshop this afternoon

BB

P.S Im sure Rich will love being compared to the stig

Nah...Rich is more like Clarkson

Just flown mine,

The one i flew last night had the drag brakes on these seem to make it quite slugish (for me anyway) the one i flew at EMI didnt have them and i didnt fit them to mine.

The brakes really seem to hurt the climb out when in the hover so if thats your bag id leve them off, also you will need all the Ali avaiible to stop it touqe rolling, but if you just let it go round its very controlable,

Be carfull on the rudder to its very pitchey on KE you really dont need alot

BB