snow v vulcan

ken anderson.

Advert

Looks like the old girl is pining for the sky...

I saw something about this at the time and wondered why all the equipment was needed  - surely as the snow melted, at some point the balance would be a gnats forward of the main gear and she'd have settled back gently?

Alternatively, why not just pile snow under the nosewheel and let her back naturally as it melted?

Or is the "dry" C of G behind the wheels when she's tail down?

hello andy-by the magic of the forum there is the vulcan back-just like that........what happened?..........i've just discovered that when you delete one of your photo albums(which i had)........it knock's the photo off your thread as well !!......so i had to load it back in when i read your post.................check out BB's as well........sorry...

ken anderson.......IT/not......

Thanks for the link and the returning picture.

What a shame to see such a magnificent plane in such a sorry state.
I hope there is no permanent damage.

I do not know if any of you have read the book regarding the Vulcan bombing of the Falklands runway, if you have not then I suggest you do.

It is incredible just how close these guys came to an enormous disaster, but instead pulled off this superb feat.
Hats off to them all.

• 5 weeks later...
It's a crime that planes like that are stuck on the ground (especially Concorde).

I like to think of her as pining for the sky too Martin, at least we have one Vulcan back in the air now and should be flying for her 50th anniversary due to a recent anonymous £400,000 donation.