ST Models MX2

Delta Whiskey

Advert

Ian

I have managed to find a couple of places that sell replacement motors (I assume from ST Models ) for £40 odd pounds or one from a local (350 miles away) store 21€. As i live in Spain then as soon as they are in stock i will order a couple as apart from my COMIC landing the motor has been pretty good.

DH

My MX2 was purhased second hand and the motor somebody had put in there was woefully too small for the plane. Probably put in there with the HobbyKing 40A ESC after some trouble, well known to this model.

I purchased the motor recommended by Ian Lunn from Giant Cod and fitted it today.
Giant cod motor

It was a bit of a squeeze to fit it in around the cowl area, which meant using a Dremel to remove some foam, widening the aperture, however it all seems very worthwhile.

The motor seems to be the perfect weight, my CG is spot on where before it was too far back.
Ground tests using an APC-e 11x5 prop and a 3s 2200mAh battery show 350watts @ 33amps

The plane now just wants to leap out of my hands! Although this motor will handle bigger props, this setup should be more than ample for this little lightweight foamie.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 13/03/2012 08:59:18

• 2 weeks later...