Return of the Hill Top Posse

this was Ken,s first visit to this site ,and as the wind was blowing about 30-35mph it took him awhile to nail his landings.But not to worry as ive just ordered another cwt sack of wing bolts!!! Things can only get better.

Advert

I feel I have to set the record straight in so much as both Ken and Enrico have spent ages teaching me how to fly, setting up my models for me and generally passing on more good advise than i can remember.

I am now in a position that I am happy to maiden "some" of the creations that come out of Freeman Towers (Enrico still needs to fly the more delicate/high performance ones first) and have just built a model  for the  offspring to learn on.

Without these two gentlemen I do not think i would have stuck with the hobby and would be wasting my time in the pub rather than sitting on top of cold and windy hills with toy gliders. 

One day I might even fly a tenth as well as these guys and if i ever do it will be all down to their patience. All hobbies need people like these who promote and  pass on the knowledge and skills for those who come along after.

Right, enough of the premature obituaries and back to normal banter......

today we had a good day up in hill top posse land...the wind was W/SW...15 mph-ish..
myself,enrico and frankie...made the trip.......up here we have to take special precaution's...security wise in case timbo and his gang try to sneak up on us...here is the photo of our 'guard' come lookout.......she is called 'rosie'..and she think's she is one of us......   'ssss

timbo beware......(  ......ken anderson..(5 wingbolt's used )    .....ne...1...

ps...we used to use weasel(ronnie)...but rosie is more reliable.....  ..

Edited By ken anderson. on 17/07/2010 19:28:31

• 2 weeks later...
latest trip to HTP country...we were joined by a couple of raf tornado's and a harrier-during the course of the day.....well done to enrico the 'mountain goat ' who set off in his quest to recover the 'canopy' from one of geoff's monster glider's that had come off during the flight......

according to geoff-this is one of his smaller one's(the glider in the photo)...20lbs in weight...launched by 'geoff cape's' anderson.....amazing....

ken anderson...ne 1...

Hi John,

Your more than welcome at the Barbie - hope to meet up with you at last.

Bring some power gear and your finest sausages

Ive ordered some good weather from the patron saint of Northumberland (him upstairs, in the clouds) 

Craig

Edited By Craig Carr on 30/07/2010 13:04:53

Thanks Ken,  but I'll be on "family duties."  8th August is my father's birthday and my birthday too.  I suspect we'll be having a BBQ of our own or going out somewhere on the day. 

Hopefully though I'll get to fly off the cliffs for an hour or so one morning or evening during my brief visit...

Enrico & Craig - just spotted your two posts lurking (unnoticed by me until now ) at the foot of the previous page!

Thanks,  but as previously mentioned,  practically zero chance of me getting along to your BBQ.  And I think if I loaded my power gear into the car to come up for the weekend I'd be in the doghouse for the remainder of the year...

I'll post on here if I'm heading off to fly off the cliffs over the w/end.

OK - didn't get a chance to post before I went... 

I grabbed a quick opportunity to go and fly this afternoon/evening.  Arrived at the Collywell Bay as Wor Keith was just about to leave,  but had a chance for a quick chat before he left.  Whilst I was flying Chris (I think that's who he said he was - hope I remembered it correctly! )  came along to see what conditions were like.  They'd been OK until then, but his arrival co-incided with a bit of a swing further to the north and slightly "choppy" conditions. 

Anyway - I had a good flight and a chat with Keith and Chris.

I gather from Keith that Enrico and Ken had been there earlier - sorry I missed you both this time.  Next time maybe?

Hi John.

Good to see you yesterday, if only for a short time. As you know, I had the 3 . . Grand kids . . With me, but managed to get in a pleasant 30 min’s flying, while the kid’s explored the ‘rock pools’.
It was . . Enrico & (Mike), I saw as I drove along the bay road.

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! ! To you and your Father both. Hope you have a good day.

Pleased that you got in a decent flight. . . . Catch you next time perhaps.  Have the children all weekend!!  But will try to get to the club BBQ. If only for a brief visit .

P.S. Lolly’s (Laure’s) . . . Nettle stings were duly sorted with a (Dock leaf,) on the way home. He He.

. . . . . Wor’Keith.  

well the blyth valley radio model club...BBQ...was finally blessed with some good weather for a change compared to recent year's....a good day was had by all and the competion's were mostly of a Fun nature...special mention must go to the most impressive flight of the day comp...which was strongly contested by 'stevie'who lost his model in the wood's...weasel who demonstrated the 'kamakazi' method of putting the wind's up the judge's...and 'enrico'and i who demonstrated the mid air method of getting rid of your pride and joy......all good fun.....allthough more than one club member commented on the fact that 'weasel'(ronnie)...is not the same since he took up with the southern posse at the 50th fly in do.........make's one wonder what they have done to him.......slipped in his drink etc.......

well done to all who 'helped' make the day.......

ken anderson...ne 1...........

Ken,

A good record of the day.   I thought the BBQ event was excellent, just shows what a bit of sunshine will do  A really good turnout. 

Yep Weasels kamakazi run was a highlight.   

However the most amazing thing I witnessed was the sheer amount of food cooked and consumed by Ken "NE1."  Couldnt believe my eyes  

Here is the photographic evidence Of Michael and Ken cooking yet more food.

Regards "Slimline" Craig