Return of the Hill Top Posse

Sorry I missed you this time .  . HTP - John.

I got down 3.00pm. Wind then only . 6mph. My ‘ALULA’ went up until we had used up all the wind.

Pat, Roger, & Chris Collis were there, not enough lift to fly his ‘Lancaster’ but he did get a flight in with another one of his models. Roger did a little ‘Beach combing’,   when the wind finally went.

Martin (one of our best flyers) with a (Wild Thing) & his little 8year old son, with (Speedo). Arrived just an hour too late,

A great sunny mild end to the holiday weekend.

. . . . . Wor’Keith. 

Advert

today one of our oldest HTP member's arrived at our club site with his new finished T/Nijhuis lysander....all his own work...ready for it's maiden flight.......

here is young ted....not bad for 84 and a bit year's...and also a very nice man....

from one of his fan's ken anderson..ne 1...

Edited By ken anderson. on 02/06/2010 19:35:15

good morning to young asher's on this wonderfull june morning(we have sun and clear sky's here in northumberland)....i was just leaving when ted appeared with his new built lysander....i think he was leaving it until another day for the maiden....also we have 'gerry cottle's circus'...set up on the far end of our field for 4 day's------we stop flying as agreed with the council(safety)....yesterday we lost one of our older member's...who was last seen auditioning for the circus in a pair of size 30 black shoe's and a red nose....yes you've probably guessed....craig 'coco' carr.......we all agreed we wouldn't pay good dosh to see him.................

ken anderson....ne 1........

The circus didn't move very far then Ken.  They were in a field near Earsdon at the weekend!

Our strip too is "out of bounds" for a few days whilst 100,000 people come to watch a few horses running around tomorrow and Saturday and the VIPs use our flying strip to land their (full-size!) helis on. 

An . . ‘ALULA’ . first.

Got down to Collywell . . Just after 3.00, wind was . E-SE. Went around to the ‘Butt’s, . . Enrico was just returning from a flying session with his ‘Easyglider Pro’ V light breeze . 4 - 5 mph. (had lost KENNY).   Forecast in the morning , was for the wind to increase around 1600 hrs, and come around more to NE.   After light refreshment. Ahmmm.    Returned to Collywell 16.30 hrs. Wind had picked up a little but still E-SE.

Decided to try the . . ’North end’ . . of the bay. (A first for me).

As you can see it’s a ’Breakwater’, at the rear is a V steep grass bank (Bowel shaped).

Wind av 7 - 8mph. ‘ALULA’ went up for 30mins . . decent lift, would be interesting to find out just what the limits are in this spot. Maybe one of the gang could check it out (Easyglider-Powered).

With a little more wind. . . The ‘Guppy’s’ . . . I think would love it !!

Went home feeling well ‘Chuffed’. . . . . . Wor’Keith.  

wonderfull day had at the teeside model show.....my first vist with ccc...who got us lost on the way and then thought he had lost ALL of his dosh....25c all day no wind as such and plenty trade stall's a bring and buy sale .....all for a fiver.......

well done teeside model club..and thank's..

one of the staff guiding the car's in looked like/we thought was young asher's...cant be sure--check out the photo see what you think......

ken anderson ne ..1.....

Edited By ken anderson. on 06/06/2010 18:40:01

Edited By ken anderson. on 06/06/2010 18:41:24

re teeside...well the truth of the matter is...in two week's and attending two different show's...............i have purchased................... 1 gallon of technic's fuel.....i have 13/14 model's all up and running...ready for the off...keep thinking(buy more)...but have no where to store the thing's.............

ken anderson...ne 1.........

andy took part in the audition's for 'britain's got talent'..............his party piece is peeling an orange in his pocket...........and i've also heard it mentioned on more than one occasion that he can give an 'asprin a bad head'........

ken anderson....ne 1..a friend of ex..HTP member freeman......  'sssss....

Posted by John Privett on 31/05/2010 12:16:04:
I've got some video that needs editing (14mins in total with the occasional glimpse of Pat's model and seagulls.  Doubt I'll get the editing done today so probably be posting it later in the week after I get home.

Well, a little later than I'd intended,  a short video of my 2nd flight last Monday, with occasional glimpses of Pat's plane.

Thanks . . John.

We really are privileged to live in this beautiful area of the . ‘North East’.

These little vid’s . . could be a lot better.   With some sort of . . ( simple) Stabilising mount.

Will give it some thought.

. . . . Wor’Keith. 

You're right Keith - using a larger, more stable model would help as well.  I was quite surprised how twitchy my slope model is when I saw the first video from it - it's got a V tail,  perhaps the tail area is a touch too small...

The great thing about the keyfob cams is their tiny size - and the fact that I can just attach it to the plane with a couple of elastic bands - any sort of stabilizing mount would probably take away that ease of mounting.

wed---11.00----- wind is on for the sluice....any HTP member's who are allowed off the leash...or who have completed their domestic duties....see you there.........

ken anderson...ne 1....DD completed....

all apart from ccc who is at the slavecamp(ccc = greedy carr)...   ...

Edited By ken anderson. on 09/06/2010 10:51:41

thur's 10/06/10..............20mph n/ne wind's - 10c(if we were lucky).....afternoon at the cliff's produced some spill's and thrill's........mainly involving enrico/andy the anvil and co.........i think they all had red meat for lunch........a good time had by all........including the prince of darkness 'wor keith'.......also my old ripmax spit appeared for a sortie....there was also a few desperate to get the 'seaweed of the month award'.....   ...

ken anderson....ne 1....(god's country)....

Edited By ken anderson. on 10/06/2010 17:47:38

Thanks . . Kenny for that excellent report.

A great days . HTP .flying . . Enjoyed by us all !!!  

I do try to get my arrival . . ‘Time parameters ‘ correct, but unfortunately . . . The quantum mechanical ‘Quirk’ navigator, in my ‘TARDIS’ has been retarded somewhat while passing through a cosmic ‘wormhole’. Hence the . . ‘Time Delay Lag’.

As you well know KEN. . I am your . . No 1 fan.   And with this in mind.

Nominate you here and now . . for the . HTP. Photographic . . (DWARF MAKER) . . of the year award. 

A super days flying! . . . . . . Wor’Keith. 

go on wor keith---i was told in confidence...that the reason a certain HTP member is allway's the last to report to the front line is................he cant resist calling in at the watering hole with his horse....he must have the most well watered horse in the posse-apart from enrico the mexican....... as was demonstrated yesterday by some unexpected aerobatic's ........

roving HTP reporter ken anderson...ne ...1...

Collywell bay . ( North end )

Thursday 17th . . After a busy day. And between football matches, finally got out to enjoy the . Brilliant ‘Sunshine’.

6 - 8mph S SE. ( ALULA weather ). High tide, with the sea up to the ‘breakwater’
 (Not advisable really)!!         As no . ‘Safety margin’ if you get it wrong.

But with the encouragement of the . . ‘Rev James’.       had an enjoyable little session . . . Flying with the gulls.

As you can see . . . Landing space here is . . ‘challenging’ . . somewhat !!

The rest of the . HTP . Team ( All really good . ’Power flyers’. I assume
 were soaking up the sun, on the Blyth flying field !!
Forecast for the . . ‘Bay’ . . for Saturday is good…
… ( I’m on Granddad duty this weekend ) so will be otherwise occupied.
Have fun !!    . . . . . Wor’Keith.

Edited By Wor'Keith on 18/06/2010 12:34:34

go on keith - the only member of the HTP to break away on his ownsome.....we were all at the field on thur's.......and today i've just returned from a session at the hallowed sluice with the rest of the gang....enrico and michael had a wonderfull mid air(best i've seen for a while)...apart from that a good afternoon was had.....

ken anderson......son of seaweed freeman 1st .......  

Monday. - Last chance, to. . . (Literally) . . . ‘Fly the flag‘.

Late session, (night shift), 5.pm . . N-end Collywell Bay. Low tide light 6-7 mph, S-SE breeze with a little turbulence, again brilliant evening sunshine. An enjoyable soaring interval for me, between the ball games.

Fingers . . X . . for . . . . ‘WEDNESDAY’.   

HTP info’ The . . . ‘Bay’ . . . has run out of wind until the weekend ?

. . . . . Wor’Keith.  

• 3 weeks later...
wonderfull day up in the  northumberland hill's flying with enrico,john and andy(slack clacker freeman)...  ...enrico who appear's to be settling down in our country...enjoyed the scenery etc.....and the day out ....

the field's and wood's in the background are where there is a major search going on at this time for the wanted person that is making national news at the min...

ken anderson ...ne...1