Return of the Hill Top Posse

Good Morning from Bulgaria. Me and My planes got here in one piece, Going out this afternoon to find some hills. Can't let you lot have all the fun. I'll take some pictures and start an album. Talked to the locals and apparently enrico's great grandad was a flying legend here many years ago.

Advert

Posted by Flyingfen on 02/02/2011 10:08:47:
Had a look out of my window and might have found some hills

Hello Fenwick, how`s it going? erm.....that hill looks like it needs me to go hammering down it on my snowboard!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are the rila mountains home to Borovets the biggest ski resort in Bulgaria and only a 20 minute drive from my place. Only a 3 hour flight away, I've plenty of room for visitors if anyone fancies it. Cheap flights with easyjet from Manchester or Gatwick to Sofia or ryanair from Stanstead to Plovdiv. Sometimes last minute cheap flights with Balkan holidays from Newcastle in the winter.

FF - you need to copy the "Embed code" from youtube. (It's accessed by clicking the "Embed" button that's in the same line as "Like", "Add to", and "Share".)

When you've got the code, click on the "youtube" icon at the top of the reply box here, and paste the code into the yellow box where it says "Paste the Youtube Embed code here." Then click "Insert."

Job done, and you get something like this; 

(OK,  after several failures and edits I ticked the "Use old embed code" in Youtube before copying the embed code.  That seems to have done the trick.  I'm not sure if the forum can't cope with the new-style embed code,  it appears maybe not?)

Edited By John Privett on 06/02/2011 20:08:05

Edited By John Privett on 06/02/2011 20:10:26

Thats right Fen,

Today at the Sluice he was flying his JP Pretty, equipped with a motor and prop ....... He tried to tell me he was "sloping" and "catching thermals", .... but I think a bit of trickery was involved with the old throttle.

Craig (ex mate of NE1)

Edited By Craig Carr on 10/02/2011 18:18:48

think that it's time the Mod's took certain so called forum member's to one side...one who hasn't been on here two min's......idea's above their station etc......as mentioned enrico and i had a good afternoon in the nice weather(what this thread title is about)...and the wind was very light....1-5 mph....... joined later by wor keith,pat mac and gordon.......strong dependable character's......made of the right stuff..... ..

ken anderson ne...1.

Sorry Kenny only joking, may'be I should start a new thread on slope soaring abroad and you can start one on the art of powered slope soaring

Yoh Enrico, has the Hungarian crashed my old phase 6 or are you keeping him right.

Has he increased the airlerons like I suggested and if so does it fly/roll any better.