Return of the Hill Top Posse

What have you done with the wind, Ken?

I'm up here for another brief visit, stuck my glider in the car, and find it's almost flat calm here!

Tomorrow looks good for Collywell Bay though, especially in the early evening - by which time I'll be attempting to cross the car park better known as the M25...

Advert

john-didn't know you had been let off the leash....this afternoon we were along at the club field.....you could have had a visit ... and helped us get another model that had gone into the tree's(big time)...no survivors this time.......we couldn't find the pilot's legs or head !.... thank goodness he was just made of plastic etc.....grissly ending for the poor lad..

ken anderson ne...1(accident investigation dept)

Edited By ken anderson. on 24/04/2011 18:47:49

LOL - I've had enough of trees for the moment Ken! My little glider's last excursion ended in a tree near the bottom of Colley Hill. I'd given it up as "lost" but one of our club members rescued it the following day with a fishing pole (thanks Gary! )

Anyway, repairs completed (so I thought) 10 minutes before heading up here on Friday morning, I slung the glider in the back of the car. This afternoon after a trip with the family to Delaval Hall (wonder if anyone would have noticed if I'd sneaked off to your club field?) I took the glider to Brierdene car park as the wind had picked up a bit. Wind strength was fine, direction not too bad, but the elevator movement was sluggish and erratic - I did the sensible thing and didn't risk it. Something is obviously binding since the repair...

See you next time - if you can arrange some decent wind and I get the glider fixed properly (or a new one built!)

John, you'r quite unlucky with your N/East visits.Since last w/end the posse has flown Seaton Sluice every day!! Today all the armchair fliers ventured out into 15mph N/Easterly ,even hanger queen Craig suitably chaperoned by snake hips Ken-ne1

shame john about no wind for your visit...if ever you need a haircut ask enrico...he's perfected a way to do it with his models........he calls it fun!...we call it dangerous.....never mind ... two mid airs today also......fighting for the same bit of sky....we were asking 'enrico'...what age he was when he found out he was different from the other kids....but he was a bit/lot shy of telling us......only saying he found it hard getting out of the 'jacket' they put him in......... bee bop alula and all ..... ...that's the alula.....THAT you must switch on before you throw it into the water !!

ken anderson ne...1.

and finally....... 'enrico' is going to take the local bakers to task for using his signature on the 'hot cross bun's'

Edited By ken anderson. on 28/04/2011 20:08:46

Hi Enrico and Ken - yes, I've been looking at the wind reports on xcweather whilst at work in the last couple of days and thinking it looked perfect for Seaton Sluice. Perhaps I should have taken the extra 3 days off! I've certainly never seen Collywell Bay as busy as in the pics above.

Looks like I'll be up again for another brief visit around the end of May bank holiday. Fingers crossed for decent weather...

north east and east wind blowing on to the coast today......the HTP met at the cliffs...minus enrico(the foreign lad)....a good day was had by all apart from chris who had a mid - air between his lanc and a speedo(owned by mid air mike-his third this week)...they both suffered damage - but will repair and fly again.......mike is after enrico's crown for the number of kill's in one week etc.... ....

here is the lanc...minus a fin...getting recovered........

ken anderson ne...1.(air accident investigation) dept...

A good summary Ken.

The only oversight within your report was when a senior HTP member (our very own Ken) flew his glider straight into the cliff face and into a patch of brambles.

I observed five minutes of NE1 madly/frantically scrambling around the cliff face trying to retrieve the model out of the Brambles..........Upon his return he tried to act all casual.....but ......was dripping blood everywhere

Craig (HTP reporter - unabridged version)

Edited By Craig Carr on 30/04/2011 18:35:16

The three Musketeers ventured up into the hills today for what we thought would be a float about day. When we got there the S/East wind was blowing 20-22mph . My mate(48 inch halfpipe) and me ( Pike extreme) ended up D/Sing the allmost vertical back of the hill !!! Luuuuvely noise a pike flat out ! Note rotored Minich in pic with one gull wing.

• 5 weeks later...
4 HTP members ventured into the hills for another 30-35mph fly -in. Seems like it;s getting harder to drag some members away from the daytime telly or domestic duties to fly !! But maybe one member has his finger in another pie! ( see pic fof details )

Enrico,

Contact has been made with NE1... He has saddled up his horse and cart and is off in deepest Northumberland somewhere.

Thats what he tells us, personally I think he is off to Appleby Horse Fair (below). A new competition for Young Ashers to run........ "spot NE1"......

Edited By Craig Carr on 03/06/2011 15:09:45

yes well i wish to inform the so called friends of mine....old carr and enrico that i'm back from my trip away in my bespoke caravan.....sharing some decent conversation with new found aquaintences....with similar interests as my goodself......now that i'm back - i'll turn the clock back for you lads again....and try and fit you's in to my busy schedule....

ken anderson ne..1.

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 10/06/2011 09:11:29:
I'm not sure it's there, perhaps the lad was just practicing.
Beautiful scenery Ken, envy you there.

Perhaps he's just wandered off for a 'comfort break' - they do that a lot here in France, you know, David............

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
hot off the press........news just in that-- 'weasel'.......ronnie has lost one of his squadron today...due to a dead stick....while climbing out from takeoff.....this after he just passed his 'A' test at greenacre's.......by all accounts the model is only fit for BBQ fuel....

ken anderson ne..1/AA dept investigation.....