Return of the Hill Top Posse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's the same here nearly every hill / mountain is covered by forests. However found out about this hill about 2 and a half hours drive away.
Didn't manage to get there this year but definately going to have a couple of weekends there next summer. Check out the pics on page 2.
According to the Bulgarians it doesn't matter which direction the wind is blowing there is always a hill face to slope off.

Hope you had a great holiday and see you soon

Fen

• 2 months later...
Posted by ken anderson. on 12/09/2011 09:19:16:
following on from the carnage at the hill....i was given the wing from the zipper that had a mid air--- i'm having a go a building a new fuz.......the laughing assasin(enrico) lent me his fuz for reference and here are the results so far........ built from scrap wood...... i'm now busy glassing it.....

he/she..is slightly larger around the waist....but as enrico's carries a far bit of lead....should be fine.......

ken anderson ne..1 .... 2nd time around dept....

following on from this report(sept 11)he original fuz was found last week...... i bought it from the previous owner(thanks again john)...the servos were/are full of water and are going to get binned..the fuz itself is ok and needs a new fin only......anyone know where i can get a wing?....HELP .....THE WORDS HAVE NOW BEEN SHRUNK..... ?

ken anderson ne..1 .... HTP land.

Edited By ken anderson. on 21/02/2012 15:43:54

As Ken has not been out with us since October he has tried today to change our name to the Hill Top Posse Ramblers .He deceided to land not only at the bottom of the hill ,but also one field out!! He was away " rambling " for about an hour.!wink 2 Will have gone straight to bed when he got home.disgust

considering that on thurs i was ill in bed all day.....with cold shivers etc.......and thought i was doing myself a favour by going out with the posse ...... who could have predicted i would be testing my 'heart' to the limit by climbing everest smiley ..... i'm going to build a self destruct mechanism in to my gliders so that when they go awol to the bottom of the hill...i'll just hit a kill button..and that'll be it....i couldn't sleep for re-acurring nightmares...about climbing hill's.....

ken anderson.... ne..1 ..... hill/not dept..

Edited By ken anderson. on 26/02/2012 18:59:39

• 2 weeks later...

well after a fair old lay off from flying at the cliffs-we finally had a north direction wind..and 6 of us met up for a session!..... one lad who was attending(shall remain nameless) ..was having probs with his tx-it was keep switching off/lossing power!...and the cure was to give it a quick shake! ...... needless to say it ended in tears with him taking the 2012 crown of 'rock lobster'........ lucky for him the tide was out......and his model - apart from a bruise or two-survived the fatal drop ..... all good fun..... smiley

ken anderson ne..1 ...HTP coastal dept..

Unfortunately . . Roving NE1 . reporter Ken, ex News of the world & a pending candidate to go in front of the ‘Levinson’ enquiry, for his more than ‘colourful’ reporting.

Failed to add, that he had twiddled with the ‘tranny,‘ wires, and stated that it seemed OK now!.

A good day, great to meet up with the gang again.

Wor Keith. . . HTP . summer wine. ‘Tranny’ shaking, Division. blush

Just a quick post to let the HTP know that I arrived safely here and my stuff cleared customs and was delivered on Tuesday. Had no computer except the work laptop so had to keep a low profile.

Was a good decision to let most of my models go. The ones I decided to bring out did not fare too well in transit. Even the "Longhoughton Hammer" combat thing managed to come off worse for the jorney and I was unable to damage that even when trying!

Can fly on a small sea cliffs a couple of hundred yards from my new house and there are some bigger hills about 30 mins away. So once emergency repairs are made and all the 35 Meg stuff replaced (its not legal here) I shall be worrying the locals with my erratic stick twiddling.

Will post some photos of sickening sunny vistas and such like when I get a chance.

Andy HTP (Antipodean chapter)

our own little lad enrico gibson has been designing his own model to DS with.....and very nice it is as well(an EG1)...also today spotted fellow forumite J Carss in the local model shop trying to purchase some balsa dust for his latest creation.....something about getting in before the budget......

ken anderson ne..1 .... HTP dept..

• 1 month later...

Attention to all flyers who slope soar at Collywell Bay, Seaton Sluice

On Sunday afternoon the lady who owns the horse field next to the landing area complained to me about an incident when a large model had landed in her field earlier that day. As it flew over the horses and landed in the field the model had startled a couple of the horses causing them to bolt & damage the electric fence. As a result the lady has had to renew & repair some of the fencing.

We've flown at the site for many years now & have enjoyed good relations with the neighbours up to now. This is the first time that this lady has complained, in fact she said that she had no objections to the models except when, as in this instance, it resulted in costing her money. She also said that she wasn't very happy about models landing in the field at all but reluctantly accepted that it might occasionally happen by misfortune.

Can I ask all who fly or intend to fly at Collywell Bay to take particular care not to overfly the horses when making a landing approach and to avoid getting into any situation that results in their model landing in the horses' field.
The landing area can be tight especially in strong or blustery wind conditions so can I further ask everyone to carefully consider if the type & size of model they intend to fly is suitable in these conditions or indeed at all at this site.

We've been flying at the bay for over 35 years, it would be a pity if the situation escalated into any sort of official complaint & we lost the site.

Edited By PatMc on 25/04/2012 00:15:27

• 4 weeks later...

in case anybody is wondering--why there hasn't been much dust on the posse trail since wednsday--- enrico the little foreign lad(leader of the posse) failed his MOT on wed and has been in the local hospital getting some remedial work done to his engine room(heart)he is OK and in fine spirits..... and due out for tomorrow-sunday...prob flying on monday.....

ken anderson ne..1 .... posse press release dept.