Return of the Hill Top Posse

Posted by Big Phil on 10/08/2011 10:57:31:
Third photo - dodgy looking character there Ken ....

Phil

you're right phil--- on a different note---- his dad was a halifax bomber pilot during WW2 ..... got shot down..and ended up in the P/W camp that the film 'the great escape ' was based on...he cooked on the stove that one of the tunnels was underneath.......

ken anderson ne..1 ... historical dept.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
OK, I feel like an interloper - but I suppose I'll just have to make do with a kebab like everyone else - boom boom!

Ken has been having a few issues with photos - so he has sent me a few he says he can't post. Now I'm not so sure - I think he's just trying to get me in trouble with the great Enrico (peace be upon him!). But anyway here goes....

The first one Ken entitles "Enrico's Family on Holiday"

The second is simply entitled "Enrico's Family"

(no wonder the poor man looks harassed!)

Finally we have "The HTP"

(Love granny with the 12 bore!) Looks to me like the Dog's the only one that isn't interbred!

Anyway, there we have it. Piccies sucessfully posted.

Ken - I'll post a little later on the Pitts Cafe thread how I did this - for your and Terry's benefit (and anyone else that wants to read it!) as Terry was having similar problem I believe.

BEB

Posted by John Privett on 02/09/2011 19:15:16:
Can't work out which of them in that last photo is Ken...

And it looks to me like Grandpa is holding the 12-bore. Granny meanwhile seems to be smoking a pipe!

Yes - you're right John it is indeed Granpa with the weapon - Shades of "Deliverance" - diddle didi dum dum! Get your banjo out...

BEB

the trip to the hills was to the say the least full of thrills and spills....enrico who had his new D60 out for it's 2nd time wasn't happy flying around at 100 mph+ ... he had to have a mid air with a 48 in zipper...who's fuz is still out on the hill face(prob never to be seen a again)...i lost one of mine due to a flat batt......after a search.....me and enrico found it a fair old distance away...minus its rudder only.....and we had a visit from some full size ... which passed us low and slow with it's undercarriage down..it was accompanied by a couple of euro-fighter typhoons....check out the photo's....

rosie the canine member there to keep us right.....

ken anderson ne...1 .... thrills and spills dept..

following on from the carnage at the hill....i was given the wing from the zipper that had a mid air--- i'm having a go a building a new  fuz.......the laughing assasin(enrico) lent me his fuz for reference and here are the results so far........ built from scrap wood...... i'm now busy glassing it.....

he/she..is slightly larger around the waist....but as enrico's carries a far bit of lead....should be fine.......

ken anderson ne..1 .... 2nd time around dept....

Edited By ken anderson. on 12/09/2011 09:38:21

• 2 weeks later...
there's been a rumble in the jungle -so to speak....... enrico and more were away on a sortie yesterday....as far as i know some of the models didn't return the way they went...the little lad had a comming together of his model and the earth......i'm waiting for photographic evidence before i say owt more....

ken anderson ne...1 .....air accident dept....north east.

• 3 weeks later...

Pike repaired and flown,feels no different than before !! Out today with 3 1/2lb Bluto trying to DS behind a tree line but not much success (wind 50 and not many leaves on trees to create a wall ). In the end surrendered to the rain !!!!

Edited By enrico on 18/10/2011 20:06:57

• 4 weeks later...
it is with much regret that we are losing one of our members to climates new.......andy freeman is leaving us for good in january to go to live and work in australia...at last night's club AGM he was selling off lots of his aquired aircraft and accessories....he will be keeping in touch with us via the WWW...and hopefully opening a branch of the HTP... in australia....... he reckons he is going to attempt to build a radio controlled boomerang....

ken anderson ne..1 international dept....