Return of the Hill Top Posse

another good day today at the cliffs...problems as usual with (mid)air man enrico the foreign lad......not happy until he had given everyone a nudge or two...as you can see off the photo's the boys had to come in their civie clothes today...the horses are just out of shot......also as promised the photo of ccc after he had scaled the cliffs to get his bit of foam back(he looks like an escapee from alcatraz !! ) ... but another good day was had....

things are getting that bad-we have enrico booked in to get a couple of holes drilled in his eyes.....
ken anderson ne...1 .. home of the HTP..

Looks like maybe I was jumping the gun with my "first viewer" claim. I've just watched the other two (directly on youtube, not embedded above) and both also showed "0 Views" I now recall that the view counts don't get updated in real time, but by some sort of "batch" process...

You had some quite close near misses in those videos! On the front of the model you have something that looks (and functions) just like the "tuft of wool" turn/slip indicators I enountered stuck to the canopies of the f/size gliders I occasioanally flew years ago at Currock Hill (Northumbria Gliding Club). Is that what this is? Or does it have some other function too? (Maybe a 2.4G aerial?)

today we were all at the cliffs again flying in 20 mph n/ne winds...aprox 14.00 there were two full size and very noisy aircraft in the sky flying along the coast heading north..... towards scotland......the lead aircraft was (we think) an old chipmunk..and the one following was an airco dh 2..... the one with the open structure at the rear...like i say very noisy and not making very much headway into the wind.....i only had my camera phone and the shots are to far away to see any detail.....anybody know what is happening up north?..this week end....

ken anderson ne...1 coastal command center.

Edited By ken anderson. on 22/07/2011 17:28:07

Ken, National Museum of Flight, Scotland (East Fortune) airshow is on tomorrow.There should be a Seahawk, Hunter & Bronco as well as the Stearmans you mentioned today.

PS you missed John Privett, he turned up just as Enrico & me were having our last flights for the day. 

Edited By PatMc on 22/07/2011 17:36:57

Yep - lucky escape eh, Ken? But I'm not saying which of us it was a lucky escape for...

Thanks, Pat, for the 'stir on the sticks' - it was good to blast a few cobwebs away after being pre-occupied with other things all week.

And good to meet Enrico at last! (Despite what Ken says about him!)

for one whole week we have now had N/NE winds of 20 mph...so the HTP have been at the cliffs every day...as mentioned earlier we think 'enrico' has either several frayed wires or he has burned out a couple of his circuit boards...as today he was remarking that his 60in moth was his pride and joy - and then a couple of mins later he crashed it in to the fence taking a small chunk out of it......... not to be content with doing that ...he later had a mid air with a speedo--that ended up minus best part of its wing...... he is now on a red card......

ken anderson ne...1 acc investigation/ne.

Posted by ken anderson. on 27/07/2011 12:02:24:
in these eco friendly times we living in HTP land are doing our bit also....... here is orville....who will be shortly 'winging' it in the HTP sky,,,no slander/uncalled for comments.....

ken anderson ne...1 .. orville's owner..... ..

Edited By ken anderson. on 27/07/2011 12:03:58

it's sitting on it's nest-dare not go near it .. ..

ken anderson ne...1 nesting dept..

Posted by ken anderson. on 27/07/2011 18:52:16:
yes your right geoff....he couldn't fly either .. ...and by the way -i see you are in this months RCME/greenacre's report...you must be in with young-ish ashers and co.....

ken anderson ne...1.

ps---- enrico crashed another today------ dont tell him i told you...

I know mate, my 5 mins of fame. Write up makes it look like I was kidding about my Wonky Webbit but I swear I wasn't, it's just that I knew it was there and could build around the wonky bit. Anyway the good flying characteristics were down to the piloting skills of Chris Bott. Thanks again Chris. Cheers all.

Geoff.

• 2 weeks later...