Students Filming

Advert

Sorry guy's I'm having problems up-loading the photo's to my albums. yesterdays flight was absolutely unbelievable. The aircraft was a 1965 Jodel DR 1051-M1, a small low winger, tail dragger, the airfield was Oaksey Park in Malmesbury. It is a privately owned estate with a couple of small hangers with a few fantastic aircraft in, Tucano and a few Piper Cubs to mention a couple.
 Angus, my pilot, is a co-owner of the beautiful Jodel, I was so surprised that  my flight was in such a ( to me ) classic aircraft.
We took off and headed west towards Wales, shortly after take off we were at 3000' when Angus asked me to take the stick and follow his inputs to get the feel of her. He let me take controls for approx' 10 mins , during this time he had me making simple manoeuvres.
 We flew over the Two Severn bridges and towards Newport, We flew over my flying club and he brought us down lower and pulled a couple of tight right hand turns so I could get some video footage, what a shame no models were  flying at  the time. We then headed towards my home town of Cwmbran and managed to get some photos of my street. Then it was east back to the airfield and to a smooth touch down. It was the best hour of my life and all over too quick.
 Got to stop now my typing finger is aching, sorry to waffle on, will try again to up load photos later. 

Hi Phil,

Glad you enjoyed it, Like Chris, the missus brought me a tiger moth experience, in October and I still have it to do and am really looking forward to it. I've also had a single seater day at Silverstone for my birthday which again, I still have to do.

Cheers, Chris.

i had an hours flight in a cessna, flying from goodwood airfield for my 50th birthday, i told him about doing touch and goes with models so as we came back to goodwood the pilot asked for clearance to do one. we had to wait while a plane took and cleared the runway then he talked me through the proceedure, he said i could do it and he would follow me on the controls if need be. idid just what he told me and down we went he said i was doing fine and we sank down till the wheels touched for about ten seconds then speeded up and went back up. he said thats it we will do a circuit and when you have stopped shaking we will do a landing. he  made me do all the flaps and throttle and as we approached took his hands off the column and talked me down i was bricking it, but with one little bump we were down, the daftest part of all was trying to steer the plane with my feet when on the ground