Building TN Halifax

Hi Michel

Good to hear you have started building again, it will be well worth it when you have it flying, don't give up.

The weight without the motor Li-po's but with all the other batteries is 13.7kg. the 4 Li-po's weigh 1.5kg.

I don't have flaps, and landing speed is no faster than I would have expected, but get it to slow & it will drop a wing in the stall.

The C of G is spot on the drawing, I balanced mine with batteries in the nose Inc the 4 cell li-po for the sound system, however the motor batteries have to be in the nacelles for it to be correct.

Hope this helps

Andy

• 5 months later...
Advert

• 1 year later...

Hi gents,

well After a wonderfull summer in Belgium I worked again on my Halifax. Now the fuze and wings are covered with fiberglass and epoxy, then i applied 3 coats of surfacer and I have almost sanded everything. t is a lot of work and I think ghe wings took about 300 grams each and the fuze 200 grams. Not sure about how much weight it should take with the paint. If my calculations are right i should reach about 11.000 grams auw wich is close to 10.400 grams of mario and tony. I also builded the guns and radiiotors in balsa. So I slowly see the end of the work' Any news about some flights reports? Also I decide not tôput flaps on it and i have converted the unitracts retracts to electric thanks to lado retracts.

best regards to all'

Michel

• 7 months later...

Finished 1Hello everybody,

yes i finally finished my Halifax. Ready for maiden flight. Setup is electric with 4 batteries lipo 4s3700. Auw is about 11.500 grams. Props are mas 12x7. I cross my fingers for th first flight probably next week. Hope there are still some flying. mario, Andy,..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, YES, maiden flight yesterday was really succesful. The weather was almost perfect, sunny with a light side wind though. Take off was really straight and shorter than forecasted. The power of the electric motors is perfect and I could fly at half throttle. The plane is really realistc in flight. For landing it land a bit faster than atrainer and you need about 100 meters grass to be safe without front wind due to the fact there are no flaps. I have done 2 flights and the good thing also was that it didn.t needed any trim at all! Also the cg was perfect without adding any ballast thanks to positionning of all batteries packs into the front of the fuze. Really a GREAT flyer. Thank you Tony you have realised a great plan. For those who want to build it. It is really worth and this plane is real pleasure to fly without bad habits. i think stall speed is quit low and you can fly it at an almost scale speed.