Looking at what i want for christmas 6 months early!!!

Sorry about doing this so early but was bored! For xmas i am wanting a 26CC because of the cheapness of petrol compared to my 16% model technics! Soooo im looking at an edge 540 because i prefer them to Extras. I found this one

This engine  casue its cheap

OR
AND 5 s3003's
what do you think?  

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 15/06/2010 15:14:31

Advert

definetly not s3003s this is petrol and vibration is massive compared to nitro you need to use metal gears preferably and servos with a bit more umpf if you are going for aerobatics

18x6 might be a tad small on 30 cc but it will do to start

never had a global edge but seaguls edge 180 is top stuff at about 200 quid

Please can we use links instead of pasting the whole web address, it makes the thread unreadable from an iPhone or PDA as the stupid adverts fill the centre of the page and cover the text. I keep asking if this can be fixed but it's falling on deaf ears

Having seen both engines, the RCGF 26cc from HK is much better than the Turnigy one. The only thing to watch is the dimensions from firewall to hub. These rear mounted carb engines are difficult to fit most ARTF Cowls (compare the dimensions to a Z26).

I would either try and get a side mounted carb version, they are available and Als Hobbies and Vulcan Hobbies stocks them in the UK, or opt to buy a radial engine cowl model, such as a Yak or SU-31.

About the servos - what about DES 708 BB MG from Graupner?
has 8.8kg, 0,11sec/40°, is digital, has ball bearings and metal gear,
costs 29Euro (approx 23£ and is for instance available at www.der-schweighofer.at
No fear -  site is also available in English - for sure with some errors - but better then German. Not all text is translated, but the necessary parts are.
Above 50€ you don't pay delivery in Europe.

Have some of the DES (digital economy servo) family in use and I am very happy with those.

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 15/06/2010 22:08:25

Posted by Lee Smalley on 15/06/2010 12:12:03:
well i would look at somthing around 5kg pull and pref metal gears or at least karbonite gears not being a futaba users i would not know but otherwise i would use HS645 analogue but never had one fail ever!!!

i wil have a look for you

Hitec themselves do not recommend the use of their Karbonite geared servos in petrol powered models. The warning was on their website a couple of years back whether it still is or not I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you already decided about the servo's? If not, consider these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5342

Weight: 32g
Dimensions: 42 x 21.5 x 22mm
Torque: 7.4kg-cm
Speed: .20sec/60deg @ no load
Bearing: Yes Dual / M10x6
Gear Type: Alloy / Steel

and US$ 16.70 a pop