Ripmax Freewing Eurofighter

Tim Mackey

Advert

OK so it may not be true 360 degree motion, but with the effect of mixing in the tx, its akin to a Tx joystick being moveable through a 360 degree turning motion. The result will be vectored thrust in both yaw and pitch, or a combo of both IYSWIM.

After all, the Tx gibals are simply two pots with a linear motion, yet "mixing" with your thumb movement is effectively making a 360 turn.
Anyway, lets not digress  - I am seeking opinions or knowledge of the models from people who may actually have seen /own one!

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, fly's ok, lights are iffy...some work...some don't....retracts are appalling....other than that, it's ok.....be ready for the usual RTF....motor....then ESC.....then whatever failure and "I really wish I'd waited for the airframe only version" sort of scenario.

By the way, Graupner don't make anything.....it's all just re-badged.

Scott
Are you saying they're made in the far east?
I think there's going to be a problem soon with China in particular as more low paid workers want a decent standard of living . Sorry -Didn't want to get political -but just read a thread about the Wot 4 ARTF  bought by  a dissatisfied customer.

No, you are right Myron, that was always going to happen. As I said in another thread, in the USA there has been quite a backlash against models like this....cheap doesn't cut it anymore because A - They are not cheap & B - Regardless of what you pay, people still expect it to work.

Mechanical retracts just don't work in foam, there will always be too much give in the material, this is why servoless retracts as being offered by Lander and Fly Fly are the only answer, sadly, Freewing [who I do rate highly generally....well, the airframes] need to revamp this model with the same set up, get rid of the under-carriage doors....'cos they just break anyway and improve the motor/fan/ESC and keep people happy, people like me who have lost faith in stuff like this.....as have many others.

• 10 months later...
Just to resurrect this thread, I spotted these going on ebay for £150 less than the UK shops are charging, this is for a V2 with improved metal geared servos and electric retracts!
It's a stunning looking model with some pretty fantastic detailing, anyway, I couldn't resist at that price so I accidentaly pressed "buy now" and it'll be here in 7 days (free shipping) from China !

Edited By James40 on 23/05/2011 20:25:39

Ah, just tried to post a link up Tim but I'm using the phone so it's giving a different address designed for mobile use.

Just type Eurofighter into the search box and then click on radio controlled.
It looks like he's sold out of the RTF kits but he's got the airframe kits that require servos available and for "make me an offer" too so you may save on the listed price of ?214 ?

Still a bargain for the added cost of 11 9g servos!

So has anyone flown this Typhoon?

Watching the video on youtube it seems pretty spectacular with simply no limit to angle of attack, on one video he simply pulls up the nose and reduces the throttle, the plane just sinks to the ground very slowly in a horizontal plane but almost coming down vertically.

I'm looking forward to this one!

Well a mixed result really that started off very well when the packaging was removed to reveal

On opening the very well packed and bubble wrapped box the airframe was in full view and what an airframe it is, it's huge !!

That's where the good news ended unfortunately, the observant amongst you may have spotted the box by the picture of the nose of the plane, it's got some crush damage on it and it doesnt end at the box

That's the damage to the nose, the fuselage is equally as bad although I've no idea how this has happened

Split on both sides down the undercarriage bay and on to the wing mounting areas. So, what to do next, I've contacted the shop in China to either arrange either a refund or replacement, god only knows how you post something this large back to China but I don't see how or why I should repair it when it cost me £200.

Beware if you buy one of these, they don't travel from China very well!

Will do Tim, I contacted the seller immediately and he requested the pictures so I've sent the images I posted on here.

If all all else fails, I purchased it through Paypal so I can open a dispute and try and recover some funds.

What I intend to do is push for a replacement airframe to be sent.

Ok, update for you.

I raised an eBay dispute with the seller but kept it friendly, I sent the damage pictures to him and he's agreed to send me a replacement bare airframe.

I think that's fair of him, my only concern is he's asked me to leave good feedback as I haven't done so yet, he said "once good feedback is left, we will post the replacement and give you the tracking number"
I'm sure he's being honest but it just seems a little suspicious, or am I being to over cautious?