YT INTERNATIONAL EXTREME SERIES YAK 55 26cc

Advert

One solution- Mass balancers about 2/3 of the way from the wing root on the ailerons . Probably about the same place as the servo connections are .A club member years ago had a very high speed ic pusher prop delta that the problem was only cured this way . You could hear it at times on a flypast -Quite frightening!
Not sure of your a/c size but I think someone else will be able to suggest weight /dimns /overhang etc . A lump of "church roof " on piano wire about 1/2 oz at about 1" from the hinge line probably -facing forward by 1" might be a good starting point .Using piano wire enables you to move the lead/solder blob if not quite right first time .As I say ,I'm sure there's someone out there that knows more about it .
Hope this helps  ( I believe the full size has these fitted as do most RedBull air race participants)
Myron

hi Colin

I have been looking to get this  plane for a while from YT international apart from your recent problem with it. What do you think of the palne and what engine did you put in it and did you have any problems with the build. 

Alan

Is there up and down play as well?  That would indicate the wing joiner being too loose a fit but a single bolt fitting per side doesn't really seem to be an adequate fixing - particularly on a largish model - seems a recipe for allowing movement which will promote wear in the fittings.  I wonder if the incidence pegs are intended to be shimmed? Have you discussed the problem with YT?

i am in contact with yt i contacted them last week still awaiting a solution.i had to again contact today
to answer alans question
i fitted a os110fsa  though it will be re engined if the flutter is sorted out. if you buy one depending on what engine you use beware it is tail heavy i should of used one tail servo i have added 1.5 kg to the front and it is still tail heavy i will now build a lead mounting plate to be added to engine box to bring the weight further fwd. i will re engine with either a 26cc petrol for its weight or a os120as for its power .
my personal thoughts are a design fault it should of been fitted with two wing tubes and two retaining bolts or a more substantial wing tube and two retaining bolts the fuzz wing mounts require beefing up to remove the flex