Greenacres Electric Fun Fly - 23rd - 25th July

Advert

BB

I've had a flick through the pictures that I've got here and unfortunately there don't seem to be any of your Decathlon. Tim was not there yesterday, so there are none of the superb Hurricane flight either. If I had thought I'd have brought the camera and taken some myself on Sunday.

Fantastic weekend   Oh how did we get away with the weather? 
Odds were against us after two scorching funflies already this year. Still, maybe it was payback for the recent poor summers we have all suffered?

Thanks to everyone who came and everyone who helped, flew, joined in and everyone who didn't complain (That's always really nice.)
I'll post a few of my piccys later although I'm not very chuffed with those I took this time

On the date for next year, we just don't know yet. It does appear that the Council will not let anyone use any of their football parks for anything during the month of August so we have probably lost our old established date for good. We can't start until the end of May either as the goal posts are up. (unless you fancy multiple limbo all weekend??)So we try to use from the end of May to the end of July for three funflys. We don't like two close together, but we also try to avoid every other event on the calendar. It is the start of the summer so this is clearly impossible. We are in discussion with our other "partners" and will publish dates as soon as we know them.  

went to the fly in at Greenacres,first time and what a great bunch of folks.very helpful and nothing was too much trouble,viewed the new Stinson ( fantastic ),50cc spitfire Awsome,some great flying and great site,well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing what you come away from a funfly with. Leccyflier first gave me an idea, and then he gave me the parts!

When I should be doing stuff that much more important I find myself knocking this up.
Not sure its set up quite right yet, but you get the idea.

More pics in the album.

Many thanks Leccy, can't wait for a quiet evening now  

Heyyyyyy!

I got one of those -they work great.

No more dodgy hand launches.

One thing I might not have mentioned, remember to undo that rear joint when you put it in storage, if they are left under strain for any length of time the nylon fractures. Happened twice to mine before I realised what was happening.

Mine sits straight and level.There's an extra bit of foam at the tail end to support the rear fuselage.

I hold a bit of up elevator in and then gun it, and for most of my funfighters they are up and away in well under 10m. Zagis are a bit more tricky, but can be done. No need for a rudder, if the dolly swings too much just set the tailwheel to the appropriate angle to offset the curve.

• 2 weeks later...