Greenacres Electric Fun Fly - 23rd - 25th July

Are any forumites coming along to the Greenacres leccy bash this coming weekend?
This is one of only a couple of weekend electric only events remaining in the UK and usually attracts a good turnout from both trade and the further afield leccy flyers.
Setup is on Friday afternoon, you will be given a very warm welcome if you can join us. We usually light a BBQ on Friday evening to start the weekend off, with a more formal/less ad-hoc BBQ on Saturday evening (If you made it along to the RCM&E 50th bash you will know the routine).  
To recap: Flying is from 10am until 5pm, there will be an hour for GMAC members/volunteers/marshals to have a fly and catch up on some of the fun from 5 til 6.

Off the peg flying until you get bored. Some models with lights were seen at the 50th bash so you are welcome to join in with that. Just please try to call it a night before you get yelled at by a comittee member for keeping the campsite awake!

Toilets, refreshments, BBQ etc etc etc........

Drop a PM to me or Chris Bott for any further information, and if you want to book a gap for your tent/caravan/mobile home/hangar..........

Edited By Danny Fenton on 19/07/2010 15:42:57

Advert

We are considering a flight at dusk in memory of both David Boddington and Phil Smith, both giants of our hobby who sadly passed away this year.

DB or Veron models would be ideal for this but this could be a little restrictive so any "gentle" model would do.

Obviously it will be weather dependant, but Danny and I will be there with DB Moths. 

Apart from that keep your fingers crossed for weather, for another great weekend.

Cheers
Chris 

Edited By Chris Bott on 19/07/2010 15:26:00

I have had a message from Prop and he is hoping to join us, weather permitting. He is even having to rent a vehicle to make the journey. I am impressed by the level of comitment well done Prop, we look forward to meeting you. I have just about finished Fyffes the Pupeteer (fus is shaped like a banana)  and I have Thomas the Triplane, so with a bit of luck we can get them all in the air together with your magnatilla. That should add some Flair to the event  

Edited By Danny Fenton on 19/07/2010 20:01:36

Edited By Danny Fenton on 19/07/2010 20:01:51

Oh Gawd, not another Greenacres event.........................sigh.........................

Looks like we'd better break out the caravan again, then.  Hope to be there on Friday evening.

Weather forecast looks awful; 6mph winds and sunny.  Is it worth it, I ask?

tim

Edited By Tim Hooper on 20/07/2010 13:18:34

Edited By Tim Hooper on 20/07/2010 13:19:19

Ok, well I guess i have to come now Really looking forward to this in fact, helped greatly by Danny's warm welcome. The car is book and the models are charging. Just need to borrow sat-nav from someone and then I'm ready to go. And yes the weather thus far is looking ok too.

Danny, I'll hopefully set off just before 9am Satrday morning, so looking to get there around 11am. So there's a local off licence/supermarket near by then? I'll need to charge my batteries Saturday night and I'll need all of you to help me, it would be unsavory to have an entire 6 pack to myself...plus I actually couldn't, need to be sure I find the right tent by the end of the night

prop.

Edited By propogandhi on 20/07/2010 13:58:29

Edited By propogandhi on 20/07/2010 14:01:14

Brilliant news Prop, and it will be good to see George and Colin too, are they wanting a trade spot or just coming for a fly do you know?

I think we took our foot of the publicity pedal on this one due to a great deal of effort on the RCM&E bash.

There is a co-op nearby that should sort you out.

Barnsey, Tim, Prop, Leccy, Tom - really looking forward to seeing you all. Shaun, shame on you, fancy going on holiday, where are your priorities?

Seriously, the forecast was terrible for today but there have been plenty of dry moments with little wind between the showers. The forecast for the weekend seems to be changing by the hour, so we can't take any notice of that yet.

I've just been for a quick fly, and the strip is all mown and looking superb again.

See you at the weekend
Chris 

Hi Prop, yes its all fixed and I have hopefully learned from my mistake so I don't do it again Spent the last fortnight fixing my Artist F3F glider, hopefully going to re-maiden her tonight after work if the weather plays ball.

Hi Chris, looking forward to flying at your great field, plenty of space to land compared to the precision spot landings I have to do at my own club field

Tom

Well, batteries are all charged, sat nav borrowed and tent packed, the weathers looking good too, maybe just a few showers Saturday evening. I'll be sure to put my tent up after that . Will RCM&E be coming along to this one too? Always good to talk to David.

OK well, see you gents there, Danny I'll give you a call if you don't mind,if I'm getting lost or stuck in road works/traffic etc. Looks like its going to be a big traffic weekend with the schools breaking up for summer hols.

prop.

Hi, we got set up pretty quickly today and club members have had a lot of flying this afternoon. The sun has been out enough to require lotion and some night flying is going on right now.

The forecast for Sat and Sun is remarkably good considering the week we've had, suggesting the odd brief tenth of an inch of rain but mostly dry with flyable winds. 

Prop, yep ring Danny if you need to, we'll get you here somehow.

If I get a mo, I'll post a piccy or two here each day.

Cheers
Chris