clear plastic for windows

Advert

I was just about to post what Andy said, it's worked for me many times over.

Co-Op branded lemonade offers the most plastic per penny in my locale.
Some of the more expensive soft drink bottles have horizontal ridges every few inches when the liquid is drained. Be careful when picking up a bottle.
(Yes I did get some funny looks in the supermarket - LOL )

AND THE WINNER IS--------------------------------------

Plasticard

The drinks bottle thing is to small thanks guys I should have mentioned its 1/4 scale.

I was impressed with the plasticard its cheap and comes in all thickness and sizes plus you can use a product called milliput an epoxy based putty various colours to putty in the windows, fantastic

You never stop learning.

Hi Paul,

yeap, I've used the plasticard stuff - handy to know about.

A word of caution on Milliput, its great stuff, really handy and I use it a lot on model railway stuff (one of my other interests), why do you know there is a "but" coming? Well here it is...it sets rock hard. I mean really hard, and its quite heavy. Its a bit like Isopon - if you are familar with that - only harder! To give you an example of how hard Milliput (or at least the blue type I have used becuase I think there is more than one variety) is you can drill and tap it to take a machine screw! I use it sometimes on cowling mounting holes that have gone a bit loose, fill the hole, drill a new pilot hole and a self tapper goes in tight, no problem.

I'm thinking it might be a bit to heavy and rigid for installing cockpit windows? Don't know never tried it for that. You'd certainly have to go "light-handed" with it and I suggest you mix a bit up and have a "dummy run".

BEB

Hi Erfolg,

yes originally it was only available in white - but these days you can get it in a range of colours and transparent. Such is progress!

The usual adhedsive that's used with Plasticard is Mek-Pak which is a polystyrene cement - ie it actaully welds the plastic. But wether Paul could safely and effectively use that will depend on what the Cub is made from.

BEB