Lovely weather tomorrow

Advert

Posted by Chris Card - Moderator on 30/08/2010 18:41:06:
Just to reassure everyone who's sat indoors this weekend staring out at rain clouds and blustery winds, it's looking lovely tomorrow for when we'll all be back at work 

Some things never change, eh?! 

Yup not the best of weekends, too windy to fly but there's still light for an evening fly

Sunday at the Nats was almost a wash out or should that be a wind out!!
              I must admit that being retired has its benefits, if the weathers good just go flying simple really, with eneloops in your Tx and Lipos in the plane its always ready.

Sorry you guys who are still working !!!
                                           FL08 

Posted by Chris Bott on 30/08/2010 19:08:20:
  oodles of Brownie points earned though
 Just a shame that Brownie Points have such a short shelf-life though, eh? 

A superb flying day here in Telford.  Got to the field at noon, and got home around 8pm.  We flew lots of models, and only damaged one (very slightly - honest!)

The mornings breeze progressively died away as the day passed, and the evening calm saw the little models take to the air, although Netty's huge Bird of Time glider took the Final Flight of the Day honours.  marvellous!

tim

Posted by Tim Hooper on 30/08/2010 22:11:44:
Posted by Chris Bott on 30/08/2010 19:08:20:
  oodles of Brownie points earned though
 Just a shame that Brownie Points have such a short shelf-life though, eh? 

Don't they expire quickly, you're absolutely right!  Mind you, right at the moment I have the green light for a DX8. I just hope they arrive in the shops while it still lasts 

Such a lovely day today that lots of people turned up.To many for me so I had 3 models,1 flight each.Our poor club chairman is really knocked about,bits missing all over the place.He was at Middle Wallop doing free flight and as he was picking up a lage model to launch the wind caught the model and the prop dipped straight into both arms and a leg.He is a game fellow.he was bandaged up  at the field and drove himself to Basingstoke Hospital.You could say he is very independant.

Sometimes I just know that the weather Gods have a sense of humour.

I travel 160 miles to the Nats and there's hardly any flying because of the wind. I slug it out all weekend, right through to Monday, "In case it improves"!

End up with a another 160 mile drive home late Monday. Get up Tuesday morning (feeling very tired from the drive and two nights trying to get some sleep in a tent during a mini-hurricane) - not a breath of wind and the sun is shinning - and I have to go to work

BEB