Graffitti

We all see graffitti around the place. Most of it is of course little more than mindless vandalism - after all who cares if "Gazza wuz ere"? But now and then you do come across some that is really funny (even if unintentionally), others that are very clever and even a few stunning pieces of impromptu art. So if you've read somethng good on the wall of the loo in your local, or if you have a picture of a smashing piece of wall art - why not share it.

I'll start the ball rolling with a couple of personal favourites of mine:

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't"

"Hells Angles Rule OK?" (Obviously done by the local Maths teacher!)

"My father made me an introvert" and written just below....
"If I gave him the wood would he make me one?"

Let's have some more....keep it clean or Timbo will start blushing!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother on 15/10/2010 09:57:09

Advert

When I worked in a university there was, for some reason, a piece from the Tempest scribed onto one of the toilet stall walls in the Mechanical Engineering building:-

Full fathom five thy Father lies, 
Of his bones are coral made:

One day I went in there, and the first three words were crossed out, and 9.144metres substituted.

Plummet

Big sign on the back of a lorry; the type of lorry which is used to carry steel beams and such ...

Your skid-marks end HERE!

And, a rather amusing sign from British Columbia  .. http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/grizzly-bear-warning.jpg

Written on a toilet wall at RAF St. Mawgan, (just outside the POL hut to be exact) were the following:

All turds over 1lb to be lowered by hand

&

Its no good standing on the seat, the crabs in here can jump 6 feet
If you think that's flipping high, go next door the damn things fly

(I had to clean up a couple of words for the forum)

Posted by Lima Hotel Foxtrot on 15/10/2010 14:08:30:
Clockwise on the M25, just past Uxbridge (I think) on an old rail bridge:

"Peas forevermore."

I couldn't agree more.

Reminds me of the road sign which said

"Harwich - for the Continent"

to which some wag had added

"Bounemouth for the incontinent"

BEB

Posted by Richard Bond on 15/10/2010 15:50:22:
When you see something as good as this it makes you realise how talented some of the artists are!

I don't like pictures of crashed models at the best of times, and when you can't even see what they were before the smash, it's worse.

Some female student or other,cant  unforget her name, was paid an arts funding grant of 60,000 quid to construct four large floating rafts on lakes in Telford which were piled up with bales of hay.
Just what they were supposed to represent I dont know but two reporters from the local paper produced exactly the same thinhs for just over 100 quid.

Another one was eight foot square wire cages full of crushed car body parts mainly plastic , the cages were placed on a traffic island in Telford but nobody could quite understand why or the meaning they were supposed to convey.
A cartoon appeared in the local paper of two cows leaning over the fence looking at these wire cages full of different coloured plastic parts and one cow turns to the other and says 'and they keep saying that we are mad'

Near where I worked there was an offering on the wall for me to read as I was cycling away each night.

"Life's a bitch.  Then you die."

In one of our shared student houses there was a piece of paper taped to the wall with a pencil on a string by the side of it.  People were encouraged to pass their time while passing other things by contributing their wisdom.

One night one of my housemates asked me to cook something special because her brother was visiting, and claimed he was that he could manage ANYTHING.

It was one of my more energetic ones.

The next morning, written on the paper was:-
"Dear Lord.  If I live through this, I promise I will never eat another curry."

Plummet