Graffitti

Advert

When I lived at uni there were seven of us and we all studied different subjects. One was an engineer and he was constantly having the mick taken out of him for doing the most "manual" course because he was weak in 't head...

He took in good part.

Written on the toilet wall at the end of the final year (his words):

3 yeers ago I kunt even spel enginere. Now i are one!

Sometimes the apostrophe, or lack of it, can create unintentionally funny consequences. A few years ago I went into my local and just above a shelf full of brightly coloured small bottles of lemonade was a handwritten sign saying;

"Kiddies Pop"

Now normally I'd say nothing of course - but I thought this was quite amusing so I asked the manager if it was true that they did and under what circumstances it happened! He just looked at me as if I'd gone daft. As I knew him fairly well I explained that there should be an apostrophe. A few days later I went in again - and the sign now read:

"Kiddies Pop's"

I'd like to belive he was having a joke - sadly  don't think so

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother on 17/10/2010 18:19:27

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There's a couple of famous bits of graffiti, one of which has a bit of a link to that last one.

It's long been the fashion for some city churches to have huge posters outside, bearing messages of evangelism. In the 60's in Liverpool a church had the message posted on the wall  "Jesus Saves!" to which some wag had added "...but St John scores from the rebound!".

In a similar vein, one of those giant posters, on the church wall next to the #86 bus stop asked "Cometh the Day Of Judgement, where shall thou be? to which had been added "..still waiting for the Bl******  86!"

• 3 weeks later...