I just came across these videos

Bob Moore

Possibly quite a common sight for many on here, but I was impressed by the video of this rc jet, which has been clocked at 586 kph, or 366 mph. Especially the 'real' jet sound after some of those passes.  Wow. Watch it full screen on the YouTube link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTHWBSluUjU

Not sure what I thinkabout this one though. Especially the low level flying along a road?

What kind of tx/rx gives that kind of range?

http://vimeo.com/6917628

Edited By Bob Moore on 07/11/2010 18:00:40

Edited By Bob Moore on 07/11/2010 18:17:19

Edited By Bob Moore on 07/11/2010 18:17:47

Advert

I was referring to the Vimeo video linked, 'fly by wire', or whatever they call it.  Ritewing Zephyr with ezOSD   (On board video camera and flying by viewing onboard live video output.) 40 secs into the vid, and at other times,  that is most definitely a road, there are cars driving along it!

I must say I was impressed by the video info though. Obviously has onboard gps as well as it was giving distance from take off waypoint, direction of  take off waypoint, altitude, battery  voltage, current draw, speed etc.  Presumably , apart from visuals from his local knowledge , when above cloud level he must have been getting it back to him by gps?

I just figure it might be a little dangerous to rely on the technology. A loss of his visual, or power at some point could have had some consequences.

Hi Tim
Re the glider high speeds. While looking at some of the linked videos I came across this. I don't really understand how he is using the airflow on the lee side of the slope to gain his speed. Maybe someone could explain the theory please?

I also found some other very impressive looking rc jets on you tube.  (Have a look at the rc  Blackbird?)

This Phantom is just beautiful! (In real life of course they had a very bad safety record.)