Timers ...

flytilbroke

A lot of us have a great difficulty in hearing the little Beep, Beep, from our TX's.

Gadget time. (pun intended) There are a nice variety of little recorder gadgets availlable. Thay have lots of memory and the ability to record clips of audio of your choice, which you can name.

Voice or tones may be used at the interval of time which YOU choose.

Play back any of the clips to suit whatever time intreval you want. The recording method does take up a little of your time though.
In a quiet place with a clock or watch, start it to record, wait nine minute,, say clearly on,,

Clip one:-   NINE MINUTES. At Ten minutes say TEN MINUTES, Land now

Clip two:    TWELVE MINUTES. At 13 minutes say THIRTEEN MINUTES, Land now

You then name the clips to suit your model choice.

Best of all they come with earphone fittings so no more problem of hearing the TIME UP message.

Feedback Thoughts? Thank you donations not compulsory.

Ps, I have also added this to another Forum

Advert

Much depends on the frequency a person can still hear, I cannot hear the little high pitch beeps. Lots of chaps cannot hear them properly if at all when other noise is there. For instance IC engines. Think of the "mosquito" units designed to chase kids away, which most adults can't hear. I cannot hear the tiny beeps from a casio timer watch now, and when busy or cold I do not feel the vibrating alarm.

Posted by Garry Pollard on 18/11/2010 21:46:28:
Hi Flytilbroke
I run a spektrum DX 7 and you would have to be very hard of hearing to miss the alarm
Having said that i think you idea sounds great. Think of all the variations.
Garry

Then you obviously havent flown slopers in a 60 MPH winter wind with 2 wooly hats on!
Even my twin microscreamers I fitted to my DX7 are inaudible in that 

Posted by Stephen Grigg on 18/11/2010 22:57:02:
Asked a friend to get me a timer from Robert Dyas,came back with one of those round kitchen things you wind round and it rings the bell,couldnt bring myself to take it to the field,the ribbing would have been never ending.

Snap, 'cept I bought one

For loud winds, I think you need one of the little timers Costa Coffee use for their over-priced food.  They seem to go beep-beep-beep all teh time and they're loud.  And annoying.

GG - living up to to his moniker .......................

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 19/11/2010 07:38:26

FTB,

I use a heart rate monitor, when I'm pushing the envelope the little wrist watch bleeps and vibrates.Time to land, and sit down, take my medication, and do it all again .

In your case you could get one of the little build yourself amps from Maplins and hook it up to the sounder in your tranny, a single ear piece would do fine as a personal sounder. Use a separate battery, you wouldn't want to reduce you flying time by flogging your tranny batteries.

Chris.

Chris.

FTB,

Maplins do a little book, 555 timers, a bit old hat, but it has a number of sounder and trigger circuits which could be made work at very little cost, a basic sounder circuit could be built on vero board for a couple of quid, plus a little plastic box to stick on the back of your tranny. All it needs to work is a signal from the little piazo sounder in the tranny. Give us a shout or PM me if you need any details.I'll cobble something up and send the details.

Chris.

For use on a camcorder lots of years ago I constructed for a couple of us, a little amplifier for the earphone output, I still have mine. The problem now is both frequency and volume, for quite a few  flyers.

Often the question which triggered this thread "can I connect an earpiece to the TX". Hense my suggested route which also avoids the problem of annoying others with a Loud alarm.

I really appreciate the offers of help though guys. BB, no thumbs up smiley, or you would have one.