Frsky 8 channel receiver

r6dan

Got one from Giant cod and just bound it,I had lots of buzzing from the servo then realised I needed to change the servo setting on the rx then it was spot on!

Anyhow I just got my mate to drive  exactly half a mile away with it in his car(down the great North road to be exact!) and phoned him,wiggled the sticks on the TX and guess what,it still worked,me in my car and him in his half a mile apart

They are less than half the price of a Futaba one and are both made in the same country.....now how does that work......

Advert

• 1 year later...
Just bringing this up to date !!

I use FrSky one-way module and 8ch Rx's .... along with others in our group of flyers over here in Latvia.

That's me - with a FlySky Vers 2 TX with FrSky Module / Rx's

Another with same.

Another with Hitec 9ch with FrSky 2-way module and Rx's

We fly amongst various sets incl. Spektrum, Futaba and NO-ONE has had any trouble at all. As another say - at price it's crazy !!
To be honest taking the FlySky TX and FrSky gear together - the lot is cheaper than top-range Rx alone !

i was a bit wary abt going 2.4 in the begining so,i went for frsky as this was the cheapest way to try it out,i put a module in my futaba ff9 and bought the rx stuck it im my wildthing the range was more than i expected ,that was over 12 mths ago never looked back,now im complete frsky, glad i did it ,would recomend FRSKY,

• 1 month later...

I'd be obliged for a bit of FrSky type advice before I get my model airborne. I know the receiver aerial ends have to be set 90 degrees apart -- BUT -- will it be ok to have the ends exiting the fuz VERTICALLY rather than horizontal and laying inside???

Your thoughts most welcome.

Jonnor,
I am no expert but have been using these rx for nearly 18 months and so far never had any problems. As for the positioning of the aerials, in my Twin Star I have one pointing upwards, the other horizontally and it has worked a treat for over a year. Hope this is of some help.

I don't worry about the exact orientation of the aerials, as long as they are at an angle - all it needs to do is prevent the posssibilty of both aerials pointing end-on to the transmitter at the same time. I also try to mount them so any big lumps of metal (engine, UC etc) can't hide them both. Usually that just means separating the ends as much as is practical without going over the top.