Kyoso Shrike Commander

Fred  Keegan

Went to the Harrogate show on Saturday, picked up a Kyoso kit ( yes it has wood in that you can glue together)
Spec. 1400mm span, powertrain two 15cc engine about 4.5 pound in weight.

It is perfect for electric, very easy to convert, I have two 300 watt motors. all it needs is the front two formers modifying to accommodate the motors. It will look very scale like with IC cylinders out of the way.

It's the first time I have come across this aircraft but looking on You tube there is a full size one doing acrobatics. If any one has had dealing with this kit please let me know.  PS the wood in the kit is very good.

Edited By Fred Keegan on 29/11/2010 21:02:55

Advert

Sure it's for two 15 cc motors?  I'd imagine they're more likely to be .15 cu in?  Otherwise it would be a rather lively performer!!! 

You'll need to emulate Bob Hoover's display routine with both engines stopped when it's finished!  The full size was superbly demonstrated in his hands - including a deadstick 8 point roll.

Edited By Martin Harris on 29/11/2010 21:30:34

This is an old model, a friend of mine had one in the early 80's, went really well on two OS .10 cu maxs, no real bad habits even with one motor out, apart from you couldn't taxi on one engine...........

Was a very nice flier as I recall.

2 x 300w is probably a bit of an overkill, but you can adjust the prop size to bring the power down.

I'm looking forward to the build.