Advent calender ????

Kelly

Advert

No daily Dec goodies this year Kelvin.

I've taken a different tack with the prizes we give away here on the site and been mindful that the daily advent prizes we've given away every Dec for the last 3 years have attracted hundreds of entries from those who visit just for the prizes, many (probably the majority) of whom are not model flyers.

I've tried therefore to spread the goodies across the year by always having several items up for grabs at any one time, some for subscribers and some that anyone can win. On this basis hopefully the goodies go to where they'll be appreciated if you see what I mean.

• 2 years later...

i know i have no where near that number of posts, .... But i always seem to miss the impromptue friday givaways as i am lucky enough to have ajob so dont get chance to enter as they have usually closed by the time i get to go online in the evening. I do consider myself a modeller and a flyer.

Matt

I don't know the logistics involved but it might be worth running a 'Friday Giveaway' over a weekend for a change, say 1700hrs Fri to 0800hrs Mon, to give the workers a chance. It does seem rather unfair on them.

Might save the regular outbreak of miffiness and disgruntlement (if those words exists!teeth 2)

Downside, of course, is that your chance of a win will diminish with the increased hordes of entrants.........sad

Pete (lucky winner of a Graupner cap a while back!)smile

Posted by Matt Holmes on 08/12/2012 14:47:29:

i know i have no where near that number of posts, .... But i always seem to miss the impromptue friday givaways as i am lucky enough to have ajob so dont get chance to enter as they have usually closed by the time i get to go online in the evening. I do consider myself a modeller and a flyer.

Matt

Matt, what you need is a job in IT, preferably on support where you have open access to the internet 'for research'!

Problem with prize draws is that some people (not aeromodllers) have "entering competitions" as a hobby. They'll register for whatever they need to in order to enter a competition to win something they don't necessarily want (or even understand!)

The comps get posted up on sites like this for people who are so inclined to enter.

But if we do have a comp, I'd have thought a qualifiying limit of approx 2129 posts would be about right... smile d

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 08/12/2012 21:09:57:

Matt, what you need is a job in IT, preferably on support where you have open access to the internet 'for research'!

Bob, I have a job in IT, with open(ish) access to the Internet. But I never browse these forums from work - I'd never get any work done if I did!

That's why multiple browser tabs were invented. Research says you need to divert your attention 5 minutes every hour or so in order to stay fresh. What better way than checking up on the modelling forums?

Being on the support team for systems where the focus is on overnight batch processing we get a lot of lattitude during the day to make up for being dragged out of bed when the batch fails.