Won't deliver-can't deliver

flytilbroke

Advert

I ordered itemx from SMC late on the 16th, I did not expect them to arrive soon. The Parcel arrived by Parcel Force today

Four cards in today, two were due last week, one post date not readable, and one from our Niece in Glenrothes. Guess where it was P/O franked ?   No don't, I will tell you, ROMFORD on the 18th December. Now how in the hot place did they manage that

Still no favourite Mag, perhaps it is heading to Fort William > Canada.

Ps, Neice did not leave Glenrothes to post it.

My Xmas present that my wonderful other half has bought me was posted by F1 hobbies last Thursday via Parcelforce 24 hour service, latest tracking info says it's on the van for delivery today. F1 are in Sittingbourne and I'm in North lincs and it was sent before the south got hit with the heavy snow! Funny how all the other stuff I ordered on line that has been delivered by other couriers came on time. I was starting to worry I'd have nothing to open on Xmas day

Edited By Lee Wilson on 22/12/2010 09:38:03

I'm absolutely incandescent, apoplectic, fuming, beside myself with rage at the moment

On Saturday I found my combi microwave had packed up when my Shreddies refused to warm up The microwave part had died, so after 6 years of constant use, I gave it best and ordered one on the Net.

Got an email yesterday to say it was en route for delivery today. Stayed in, opened the gate and the car was beside the house, which is just 11m from the gate. There's a ship's bell outside the door and an electric door-bell. Sweeping the hall just before midday (there's a glazed front door) , I walked into the kitchen to see the delivery van outside the gate. Get to the front door and the driver is just engaging first gear and driving off........having left a non-delivery docket in the letter box

Rang the (premium) number, wait for 5 mins, and then try to get the van to turn round. "No, can't do that, we don't know the driver's mobile number. He can't come back. It'll have to be delivered tomorrow - we'll get him to knock the door.............."

It's very difficult to have an argument in a foreign language, but this time I might just have conveyed how hacked off I was - but to no avail............

Right, delivery drivers now join the list with estate agents, wheelclampers and parking attendants and I wish them all a plague at Xmas and hope all their presents arrive broken!

Pete

Today, One card arrived, Royal Mail franked at 05:14am on the 16th Dec. Aahh well, four days not bad you think? Hmm, it was posted in Kirkintilloch on the 14th Dec, and Post Office franked as above..... In,,,,, wait for it,,,,

CHESTER AND NORTH WALES
Caer a GOG Cymr

Double now, How in the Hot Place do they manage that

No Mag yet, WHSmith had them last thursday.

Nearly said posted 15th

I have been lucky recently, our postman changed. I have a good repore with him.

Recent deliveries requiring a signature are being delivered as normal post. This morning some hinges from GC. They took a couple of days, for this time of year very good.

I has not always been so.

A letter in The Highland News (paper) today. Cards posted in CAOL (village) and other local places. Royal Mail Stamped in NORWICH.

The actual distance from post to delivery a couple of miles at most, many hundreds of miles South and the same back NORTH in the worst weather for years, must make some sense, NONSENSE

Not surprised at the push to Privatise them, instead of sorting the Management out.

The roads here around rural lancashire are stil dire.  The temperature hasn't got above -2 for at least a week now, and is dropping to -8/-10 at nights.  I am seriously considering every journey I am making.  The driving habits of many people scare me to death- driving down the "main" road through the village- which is covered in frozen snow/ice- I was tailgated twice this evening.  The 15mph I was travelling felt appropriate to me as I had skidded several times.

Given all this, I think it's fair enough that the post men work a reduced service/no service as nothing I have ordered is that important really.

bit off subject but ordered a camera bag via amazon on 22nd November! and still waiting for it to arrive, and thats Wirral, North West! oh and it was my Christmas prezzie too! fumming aint the word!
Several polite yet abrupt messages have been sent but no reply as ye, I have just about given up on it and amazon say a claim can't be made til Feb.

Andy

I do think some serious questions need asking regarding policies and actions with respect the treatment of major yet rural trunk roads.

The recent reported death on the A80? of a truck driver whose truck had "Jackknifed", perhaps representing a case where the safety of all road users are not being treated on an equal evaluative basis.

It is all well and good having a policy where bus routes have priority, yet if this means that a larger number of  truck and cars drivers safety is compromised, the policy is very questionable.

Last year a number of trucks crashed on black ice going from Colne to Barnoldswick on the B6383. The police reported on television that the drivers should have heeded government warning and not travelled. One truck had come from Germany carrying something for Rolls Royce at Barnoldswick. Can you seriously on a practical and economic level justify this advice and realistically expect compliance?

The very idea, that rural trunk roads are only to be gritted for the safety of bus schedules has to be a bad one. Trunk roads (M and A roads) should have a 24hr gritting policy for the safety, and economic well being  of all, not just buses.

• 2 weeks later...
I am still waiting for some goods from HK including a replacement battery for my laptop. That particular company did e mailme to say that the delivery may have "Failed" and they would send another. Bit sus that.
Anyhow, I am still awaiting my Futaba servos bought on Ebay to see if the are counterfeit ones. They were ordered in late November!!!
As for the Post Office. They give you a tracking number that is only updated after delivery. Not much use that.

Spice Cat

With respect to HK in China. I posted a a thread which warned of the Demon drink and hasty orders, without due consideration to issues such as delivery.

Now I was prepared for a 14 day delay, as the Christmas period would curtail any serious building. In the event it was flu, which was the problem. My wife gets the jab having Asama, the son-in -law gets it being a Sturgeon (he is aways saying he is a big fish, hmm almost a joke), my daughter (#1)should have had one being a doctor, but her list was to long, to go for the jab. So who gets it, me, from one of the grand kids, just before my birthday, my daughter also gets, but no one else who have had their jabs. It is not fair, aahhhhhhhhh, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway back to the point, having payed minimum postage (by mistake) $3, which had previously resulted in a 40 day delivery, what happened. Yep, tha exact opposite 6 days afer placing my order, the package hit the carpet.

Just did not have the energy though, needing antibiotics to clear a secondary infection. Whilst being kicked out of bed, come on, your not ill, your youngest daughter needs another job doing, you good for nothing..............................

Edited By Erfolg on 07/01/2011 13:12:51

Lindsay Todd, you were not off subject at all  Can't say the same for few others though

Wifey got an Xmas card today, still, three weeks, nearly four delayed is better than never I suppose.

A small package uplifted on Monday from PC World by Royal Mail or Parcel Force has still not been delivered to me.

A few years ago I was sent some info from the Smithsonian in Washington, six weeks later it arrived with postmarks for Wellington NEW ZEALAND, Wellington in Shropshire is just eight miles away from my home.
From Wellington New Zealand it came north again, this time it ended up in Denmark, the postal franking was quite clear, finally it ended up in Wellington Somerset who then sent it up to Wellington Shropshire, my full address was on the envelope quite clearly giving the post code and destination, you could train a bunch of Orang-Utans to do a better job than that.

On the local news programme, the PO admitted that they are behind with their deliveries.

The PO talk of 24 hr delays, many people were highlighted that their delays were weeks.

It appears that this is a national issue, not just related to  Scotland.

A different yet related problem Erfolg, to my startup post. I headed the thread to allow for variation though. So you are certainly correct in that it is now a UK problem, one which seems to have been excarcerbated by the management decisions of various delivery firms large and small.

To thier credit the Commercial Carriers have performed better than, Royal Mail and Parcel Force, who in thier wisdom sent mail from Fort William and elsewhere to the south of England and to Wales to be Franked then carted it back for delivery.

Making the problem worse and probably costlier than just delivering the items and disregarding the rare Stamp cost mistakes for the duration of the main crisis.

Again the local television news programme was running another story on prolonged delays.

It appears a familiar story, the local sorting offices, have been closed. Some letters have been taking 30 days to do 1 mile.

I get the impression that a GOCO is trying to get into the real world of the private sector, with management who have little idea, other than spouting buzz words, talkin about talking the walk, and getting into the kitchen if it is cold outside.