The January 2011 issue

David Ashby - Moderator

Advert

January 6th 2011

Don't panic there seems to be a worldwide shortage of the Jan RCME, perhaps the aliens have abducted them. I usually get mine here in New Zealand a day or two before the newstand release date but no sign yet and it's summer here NO SNOW. 

Damn your British Weather affecting my holiday reading.

But hang on a minute, could it be?  YES, Global Warming has finally hit our hobby. Oh well out to the shed to carve out a pair of floats & I might as well make some skis too.

Ooh but when it does finally arrive I won't have to wait so long for the Feb. issue or will the snow in affect that one too.

Got through to some one helpful today at the subscription place. got an apolagie and my account credited with an extra issue (offered to resend but I'd already bought it).

Aparently, and as Mr Ahsby said, they have had major issues with peoples magazines going missing all over the xmas period. Thanks for looking into it Mr A.

I too have requested an extension to my subscription, and bought a copy from a newsagent, before they ran out.

No complaints about either subscription company or RCM&E but I do not understand why Royal Mail have still not delivered either the magazine (apparently sent from Coventry) or BMFA membership & club membership (within my own town).

The weather here has not been as bad as many parts of the country.

Crikey Tim. we don't get ours in Canada until the beginning of the following month even in the summer when there is very little snow .

ARCHAEOPTERYX  is it possible to get the plan David and if so where, now that looks like an interesting build, I would like to get and study the plan before the article if available.

Cheers m8.

Mine Arrived 13th but i think it was the replacement copy i had ordered good mag loved the glassing feature it proved i was doing everything right when glassing im just really rubbish at it and need more practice i did get a bit of sick in my mouth when i saw the archroptix or whatever its called, just goes to show beauty is in the eye of the beholder eh !!

I have received yet another copy of the mag today that's three in total, just like buses eh !!

anyway i will be distributing them to members in the club and one in the club caravan  

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Tony Richardson on 15/01/2011 18:26:54:
ARCHAEOPTERYX plan is on it's way thanks again David, Jan edition should arrive about the first week of Feb "fingers crossed" .
I think this one is going to be a conversation piece at the field.

Tony ,

Did you recieved the plan already the designer Dick van Mourik is a mate of mine and I made the drawing for RCME so if you have any question about it please tell.

Will you be making a build threat I hope so and looking forward to it

Ton

Hi Ton, yes I have already recieved the plan and did a bit of a show and tell at our last club meeting, some thought it interesting others ugly and most wondered why the tail feathers were missing all expressed a wish to see it fly.

As I am rather a slow builder Ton I will most likely spend the rest of this winter making a kit of the parts, if I can find time through the summer I may start the build ( and a thread then ) I now need to source a nice 120 twin maybe I should bite the bullet and go for the OS 160 or SC 160 twin. As I do not as yet have the Jan issue of RCM&E the one question I will ask is what kind and how powerfull are the servos for the ailervator/ elevon wing tips. This will be a really interesting build and I am looking forward to starting will keep you posted.

Tony..