The January 2011 issue

David Ashby - Moderator

Although this issue is scheduled to hit the shops 17th Dec - the snow caused some delays during production so it might be worth allowing a couple of extra days before trotting down to the shop

As always we welcome thoughts and feedback - remember the new forum section  in case you want to leave any feedback about this month''s review models

Mine came Friday. Just as well, considering the shedload of snow we got this (Saturday) morning.

Plenty in this issue for "proper" builders and tinkerers. TN on glassing, Brian Winch entertaining and informative as always.

And on the other side of the coin, the ARTFs reviewed both seem more than competent - very desireable and undoubtedly good value, if your pockets stretch that far.

And one day Pete Lowe might just write an article without finding it obligatory to mention Janet

I bought a copy at Whitchurch Models yesterday. I had driven there to pick up a pair of  second-hand floats so that I could maiden the Barn Door Wing Senior Telemaster off snow!

However, equipping the model with floats won't be too much of a problem, the difficulty will driving to the flying field.

I've had a DB SE5 kit for years. Never started it of course.....

Posted by IanN on 18/12/2010 23:45:29
And one day Pete Lowe might just write an article without finding it
obligatory to mention Janet

I've not received my copy yet, but I'm wondering about your comment.

As some of you know, I do my modelling in partnership with my partner, Netty, and I sometimes wonder just how many 'personal' references to put into an article as regards a relationship which is integral to my hobby.

The fact that Pete Lowes better 'alf is involved surely must be applauded, and to mention it within the context of a magazine article can only be a good thing, surely?

tim

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 19/12/2010 23:54:25

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 19/12/2010 23:58:20

Posted by Tim Hooper on 19/12/2010 14:05:00:
Posted by IanN on 18/12/2010 23:45:29
And one day Pete Lowe might just write an article without finding it obligatory to mention Janet 

I've not received my copy yet, but I'm wondering about your comment.
  As some of you know, I do my modelling in partnership with my partner, Netty, and I sometimes wonder just how many 'personal' references to put into an article as regards a relationship which is integral to my hobby.

The fact that Pete Lowes better 'alf is involved surely must be applauded, tim

Absolutely. Thats a fine and enviable thing and I'm 100% most definitely not knocking it .
I just find the constant repetition of the fact a little bit o.t.t., on those occasions when it doesn't add to the modelling content - as it didn't, on this occasion. Purely my personal preference. Others will, I'm sure, no doubt hold the opposite view which is of course equally valid.

That said, I did find some of the content of his earlier articles (of the "hair blowing in the slipstream" type) a bit cheesy.

Not knocking PL. Other than this very minor gripe his subject matter usually puts his articles amongst my favourites and I always look forwards to them

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 19/12/2010 23:55:42

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 20/12/2010 07:20:40

Nothing in through my letter box but the fact that I can't even get off the drive means it can't get up it either.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 19/12/2010 23:56:22

Surprise, surprise.
Plenty of junk and bills,
but no RCME through my letterbox.

Postman says he delivers all in his box . Sorting office say all cleared by them.
Just have to get one from the newsagent then.
Never mind, it's all going to be privatised soon.
Strange though that Giant Cod stuff comes the next day !

"When all the impossibles are eliminated, what remains.................................."