The January 2011 issue

David Ashby - Moderator

I was picking up an item I'd ordered on-line at Tescos yesterday. They told me it was bedlam! Saturday they only received about 10% of what they were expecting, Monday they received nothing! Then Tuesday the whole lot arrived at once and completely swamped them! So it appears Royal Mail are not the only ones with problems.

I've also had emails from Amazon telling me that items that were "gaurenteed for pre-Christmas delivery" - now aren't

I think when your Postie says its all clear - he can only really speak for his local sorting office. Like the situation with Tescos I don't think the problem is local - its at the central sorting points that the backlogs exist.

BEB

Still waiting!  The only delivery we've had here in Cheshire is a couple more inches of snow.  The garage is too cold to work in, but the loft room is warm, and big enough for small projects, so with a Clapton CD playing and a tin of quality street beside me I'll carry on with the West Wings Orion-E.  It might be flyable by the thaw, or by the time the mag arrives, whichever comes first!

Mine's arrived today, ironically just after another good dollup of snow has slowed things down in Derbyshire today.  Anyway its here now, Ive finished work for Christmas, all the food is in and I can settle down with the mag with my feet up by the fire.  Now then wheres that Port and Cheese?  Cheers all!

Hooray Mag delivered today.

Just back from paying papers in the next village. Guess what in the small papershop which never has the mag on its shelves i saw a copy.

Arrived home in a bad mood, all was well when i found my copy had been delivered.
Who's for a night in with the mag and a bottle of plonk.

Seasons greetings

Egbert