Biggles' Mess

Sorry about that - I linked the pics from our "unofficial" club forum (which was started in response to a swear word being edited out - there's irony for ya!). Unfortunately, the other admin removed permission for guests to view pictures. Now sorted!

DISASTER!!! I have ran out of glow fuel and got no moneys until the dole people pay up next week,I need a cunning plan to get fifteen English pounds from somewhere to get said go go juice  ideas on the back of a post card please!

Inside something - a tin, an eggcup, a small cardboard box, the box containing the tools you used to take it off, where ever you keep your glow plugs, in your hankie, in your tobacco tin/pouch (if you smoke), in a sweet wrapper (if you don't smoke), in the little "graveyard" of misc engine bits everyone has that "might come in handy one day", you gave to the wife and asked her to keep it safe, errrr....in the Jen 91? Rudolf's got it? Santa is holding it hostage?

BEB

Morning campers - some great music vids there - particularly like the Shostakovitch - very nice!

Keeping to the classical theme - but with a distinct rock overtone - here's Keith Emmerson with blues legend Jeff Baxter on guitar, and the great Jon Entwhistle on bass et al with "Fanfare for the Common Man" by Aaron Copeland (20th Century American Classical composer and I understand father of Stuart Copeland of "Police" fame!) This should wake you up!

Enjoy!

BEB

Although not a great fan of American composers and particularly stuff like 'Hoedown'  and other 'American' themed music some of Coplands other music is so listenable, this piece, 'simple gifts' I do like as it originated with the settlers in the 1800's I believe, not sure if it was Mormon or Quaker, could have been Amish I suppose but it is beautiful particularly like the black and white images in the vid......

Very good indeed! Like a lot of Copeland's stuff its strongly based on folk tunes. The second theme is of course the melody from the hymn "Lord of the Dance". The first theme is also a Christian song I think, but I just can't quite recall which - its on the tip of tongue. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and go - "Ah, ha - its....." knowing me! Can anyone help an old man's fading memory here? The words to it go something like "Tis a joy to be (something), tis a joy to be free" etc. Oh, come on think..... I hate it when I can't remember something - Grrrrr

BEB

'Tis the gift to be simple. (So true.)

'Tis the gift to be simple,
'tis the gift to be free,
'tis the gift to come down
where we ought to be,
and when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gained
to bow and to bend we shan't be ashamed,
to turn, turn, will be our delight
till by turning, turning we come round right.

Posted by Ross Clarkson on 04/01/2011 13:11:13:
I'm out of here, this place is the pits!!!

get your coat!

Your a mine of information Ian - Moving swiftly on.....

Is anyone else gutted over the death of Pete Postlewaite? He was a bit of a hero of mine. For a lad born in Warrington who started his career at the Everyman Theatre in Liverpool he ceratinly reached the hieghts and was just one more example of an unsung British hero.

Many will remember him as "Danny" in Brassed Off and for being in the Jussiac Park sequel when Steven Speilberg decribed him as "The greatest actor in the world" 

I saw him last year in King Lear and whether Shakespeare is your thing or not - that had to be one of the most intense and emotional experiences I've ever had in the theatre - it really made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! RIP Pete.

BEB

Posted by r6dan on 04/01/2011 13:16:42:
Posted by Ross Clarkson on 04/01/2011 13:11:13:
I'm out of here, this place is the pits!!!

get your coat!

Don't forget to put your light out.

All those lovely bikes.
 I doubt if this will raise the blood pressure but it is a library photo of my first non moped bike.
 My only excuse is that when I started work I was earning £1.50 a week., but I did pass my bike test on a 50cc NSU Quickly, which entitled me to ride anything of any size.

This was an NSU Quick 50 with a 4 speed foot change gearbox. Top speed about 35!
 At that time I lusted after Nortons, BSA's, Triumphs, and  Royal Enfields especially the Constellation.
Luckily I eventually got to ride most of my favourites, plus loads of Japanese superbikes and BMW's, including the K1, from the 70's and 80's.