Biggles' Mess

One good thing about early January, it will be nearly four months before the excellent motor powered two wheel riders demonstrate to our Ambulance and Serious Traffic Incident Squad how to handle casualties. By volunteering thier broken bodies. Some of our Emergency staff are just not good enough though. They cannot bring some of the volunteers back to life.

Some of the volunteers I mention, do involve other motor vehicles although the other drivers seldom get the chance to opt out. Just occasionaly and just to be fair, the other drivers involved are sometimes the instigators of the Emergency Medical Practice and evidence gathering of the Serious Traffic Incident Squad.

I have yet to be overtaken by a car doing in excess of 140mph. Bikey's seem to have managed it a number of times a year for many years.

The joys of living in lovely rural areas blessed with with long winding and undulating "A&B" roads that lure the lemmings to their seemingly inevitable end. Each and everyone convinced that it'll never happen to them.

This stuff sort of arrived from Rumania and all the labels are in cyrilic, it says something about 32C so perhaps thats the flashpoint,

Been thinking on a couple of new models specifically for flying off the beach or over sand dunes, just wondering if a particular type would be suited for it, I have loads of plans but not sure what would be the best choice.

I live just by the beach and I have a BritFlight H2O seaplane. Brilliant little job. Electric powered - only needs six inches depth of water (probably less). The beach is very flat so when the tide is going out it leaves large "tide pools" only very shallow but maybe 100m in length and 50 metres wide. Ideal.

BEB

Its more or less the same here. We face out directly onto the Irish sea - so yeah it can be windy. The on shore wind is only really a problem for landing when you have to effectively bring the model behind you and land headed out to sea! Make sure you've enough power/fuel for the taxi back! With the water only being shallow I can wade in an retrieve it if I really have to!

BEB

May have a change and instead of building the 3m Raven;

I may go for a older but simular design the Mike Smart designed Polterguist which is meant to have a Speed 600 in the nose but I can swap that out for a big brushless no problem, I have a spare Turnigy C3542 that can power up to 2 Kg model weight with an 11x6 folding prop.

Posted by Ian Jones on 06/01/2011 03:52:37:
Spotted low flying over our strip a couple of days ago:

Picture captions welcomed!

Edited By Ian Jones on 06/01/2011 03:53:44

"If they can do it so can I" or

"A touch of right aileron - now hold it off in the flair" or

"I'm sure this rudder doesn't need to be this big"

BEB

Posted by Plummet on 06/01/2011 12:11:15:

Follow it. It's knicked my propnut.

Those Model flyer's are clearly NUTS!!!!

Well done Dan, Postman by any chance???