Biggles' Mess

Advert

Just been watching a program on lancasters during the war, one raid theyre talking of had 1100 aircraft in the air during the raid.   Thats hard to imagine now days  531 lancs in the air at once  . is that correct.  imagine the noise of those engines. I get a buzz from the sound of one v12

Posted by Richard Bond on 07/01/2011 10:41:44:

This is Jimmie Vaughan and friend at the Goodwood Festival of Speed lat year.
Brother of the late Stevie Ray.

SRV often said that Jimmy was a better guitarist than him! But Stevie had "the voice". Here's my favourite track of his off what I think was he best album - "Texas Flood" a brilliant slow blues...

BEB

It's AOL, I think.

I always have problems uploading to Photobocket so I go over to IE.

Then, if I go onto the forum on IE I have to log in. Which I understand.

Then when I switch back to AOL I have to log in to the Model Flying site again, which I don't understand, so I have spent a frustrating half an hour switching back and forth.

All I get on your quote is the dreaded little square with a red cross in it.

This aeromodelling can be very exasperating at times. I've just converted my E-Flite Beaver from the Dx6i to the Dx8, taking advantage of the separate flap channels and built-in servo speed adjustment. Everything tidied up, plugged in, reassembled and screwed down, only to find that one of the aileron servos has developed a dodgy gear and needs changing......hrrumph

Pete

Posted by Eric Powell on 07/01/2011 01:41:26:
re squirrel-yum,yum-I`ve got a HW77 with 4x40 scope on it.
perfect solution to the perishers eating Eric`s sprouts and other goodies plus you can barbie them afterwoods(very tasty)

I have the HW100,awesome rifle

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/01/2011 12:38:32:
Mmmm, well it looks fine here and I think you're right the problem is "at your end" I suspect - I'm on IE8 so I see Jimmy and rather pretty lady!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/01/2011 12:38:57

Yep, i can see her too!!!!!!

Dan, you have probably had some PM's regarding your request with Ulty, but...
have you taken a peek at YT International and Hangar 9 models?

Yes I`ve looked at both company's,it is scary how lightly built they are,just frames stringers then covering,no solid sides or anything!!!

Posted by Terence Lynock on 07/01/2011 16:59:05:
Plan calls for a 21 turn buggy motor (whatever that is, 540?) through a 3;1 inline box driving a Graupner 10x8 folding cam prop, much prefer to go brushless but what would be the equivelent?.

What's it for, Terence?

Pete

TL that buggy motor would have been something like these. It would have run on 6S NiMh's so 7.2V and my guess would be 15 to 20A so 100 to 150W. The gearbox would be so that it could turn a reasonably sized prop.  We can do this much much lighter these days with a brushless outrunner. 

If you give us details of the model, we can suggest motor spec's etc. 

Reet oor kid, Easter Eagle - RCM&E Jan 2002 - Peter Miller designed - 55'' span low aspect wing - 620 sq in wing area - weight 46.5 oz - wing loading 10.8 oz sq ft .
Nice looking bird and totally different to the Raven 3m I have in mind so would make a nice companion for it,

The motors I found are a HLN 600HS BB with 3;1 box, a Graupner Speed 600 BB SP 8.4v and the Fireball, all new and unused, pity they are obscolete really, nicely made motors.