Biggles' Mess

Mmmm. I'm struggling to keep up with all these orders for exotic coffees  I'm hoping we'll have a rush soon of folks who just want a cup of tea from the Urn and a slice of toast! Oh yeah, didn't I tell you were doing toast now as well - but only in the mornings!

Here a blast from the past - anyone remember this lot?

I'm off flying - before it rains!

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 03/01/2011 10:38:38:
Mmmm. I'm struggling to keep up with all these orders for exotic coffees  I'm hoping we'll have a rush soon of folks who just want a cup of tea from the Urn and a slice of toast! Oh yeah, didn't I tell you were doing toast now as well - but only in the mornings!

Here a blast from the past - anyone remember this lot?

I'm off flying - before it rains!

BEB

Yes, saw them in UK in 1970 and in SA in 1972. Remember Stackridge or Stray?

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 02/01/2011 23:23:31:
'Fraid we don't have any pain-au-chocolate - just these croissant thingies with chocolate on - will they do?

What!  No pain au chocolat?
Zut alors, mumble, mumble, grumble, grumble... And it seemed such a promising start too!

No new suggestions for names,  I'll have a think and come up with a good suggestion shortly after someone else's much better suggestion has been adopted.

Hi All,

Strong black coffee and more BJH for me please. Oh, since were into BJH & Everyone is Everybody Else here's a few ideas from that:

Negative Earth
Paper Wings
Crazy City

and a few other BJH titles might fit:
Silver Wings
Shadows In The Sky
Victims Of Circumstance
Yesterdays Heroes
She Said

What! can't I think of anything? well...
Speakers Corner
The Mess
Brainstormers
Cafe Avion
The Flyby

Posted by Tony Prince on 03/01/2011 09:22:32:
Can I be really 'off the wall' here? What about Phils' ? That way we remember the guy who started it all, every time we go there. Never mind all the stuff that came after. Those of us who've been here a while will remember all the threads that went off topic, and what a relief it was to have somewhere to go to just 'shoot a line' or whatever.
(ducks behind wall with fingers in ears!)

At least you had your fingers in your ears, the silence is deafening

I have an idea that won't happen, otherwise a new thread with the old name could have been started, or the old one re-opened.

I can't help but think there is more to it!

Posted by Big Bandit on 03/01/2011 11:28:53:

Anybody got In my life (Beatles), I know it's soft but I like it.

I think I have it on my hard drive somewhere if you want a copy. 

Posted by Steve W-O on 03/01/2011 12:38:43:
Posted by Tony Prince on 03/01/2011 09:22:32:
Can I be really 'off the wall' here? What about Phils' ? That way we remember the guy who started it all, every time we go there. Never mind all the stuff that came after. Those of us who've been here a while will remember all the threads that went off topic, and what a relief it was to have somewhere to go to just 'shoot a line' or whatever.
(ducks behind wall with fingers in ears!)

At least you had your fingers in your ears, the silence is deafening

I have an idea that won't happen, otherwise a new thread with the old name could have been started, or the old one re-opened.

I can't help but think there is more to it!

shhhhhhhhh !!

Posted by r6dan on 03/01/2011 13:35:21:
Posted by Big Bandit on 03/01/2011 11:28:53:

Anybody got In my life (Beatles), I know it's soft but I like it.

I think I have it on my hard drive somewhere if you want a copy. 

Thanks Dan, I have it on CD somewhere, but have no idea how to do the posting on the forum thing. Sent you a PM with the pici of the cutter thing.

Cheers,

Chris.

The only reason for not commenting on name suggestions guys is simply to give as many folks as poss a chance to make suggestions - no hidden agendas - with me I'm afraid what you see is what you get! I'm not smart enough to do otherwise. This is just an honest attempt to give you back a meeting place without a "history" that has some sad memories that's all. No subtle plan - or at least if there is I don't know about it

Anyhow - onward and up ward - more BJH as requested - this time possibly their best known song "Mocking Bird"

Steve - I saw BJH several yimes including the gig at the Liverpool Stadium where they recorded half of the later "BJH Live" album. Good stage band!

BEB

PS Trusty asked about getting "smilies" - just take a look at the bar along the top of the "pad" your writing your message on - see a single smilie? Well just press that and you'll get a little box with loads of them to pick from.

Seen it thanks,but for some reason I cant send you a PM,tried as soon as I got the pic still cant send `em, I need to tell the powers that be...