PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Advert

big thanks to Conwy Soarer, Tim and Andy for identifying the issue and clarifying status.

I guess there is always this risk when we set our event dates so early, despite our best efforts to confirm there are no planned events clashing (which when we set the event dates back in late Dec 15 there were not of course!)

Anyway, it sounds like if we agree not to arrive at the toll gate before 11am then all wont be lost, thank goodness its an early morning race! Looks like we can have a lie in on the Sunday, maybe scoop an extra pint Saturday night! laugh

I will put a note on the PSSA website asap today to state that Sundays event wont commence until 11am. Saturday of course remains on track for a 10am start, with a pilots brief in the car park at 10:30.

Forecast looks like its continuing to improve to the west - good stuff. See you all Saturday morning, Phil

The PSSA Website and Facebook pages have been updated now to reflect the temporary Marine Drive closure on Sunday morning.

In summary, we will delay the start of the Sunday Fly-In by 90 minutes to 11:30am.

Please don't attempt to access the Orme's Marine Drive by car until 11am (unless you can get up there before it is closed at 7am) Take extra care on the drive round as it will no doubt be busier than usual.

Saturday 16th remains unaffected of course, 10am start in the Tank Track car park.

I think there are 2 options:-

1. Bring a bike and fancy dress outfit of lycra, strap your planes into a holdall and enter the race stopping half way round. OR
  2. Spend Sunday buying nick nacks and knitting patterns from one of the many exciting old people's shops on the promenade.

I'm going for 1. I think.

Big boo to the Council and huge thank you to TImbo for being our man on the ground.

Hey all.
I'm only going to be there for one day so it will be the Sunday.

I am planning to get up before the sparrows and make it up the top before 7am. At least I can get plenty of flying in then!!

Should I bring sausages to add to the bacon Andy!?

Not sure what I am bringing as have had little to no time in the workshop!!

Dave

Posted by Steve Houghton 1 on 15/04/2016 17:57:12:

I'm here! Been flying for an hour with Jon (Conway soarer). NNW about 15mph, just enough lift for the Wildthing and Moth to cruise around in but no more. teeth 2

Went back up again for a few hours with the kids, more of a NW tonight and really storming lift, bitterly cold though! Working this weekend so can't fly, hoping to escape for an hour so to have a gander at the PSS fleet.

Yet another fabulous day, big thank you to Phil and Matt for organising such a wonderful day. One or two important comments to make:-

1. No damage from the Mackie Vulcan this time.
  2. Big thank you for Lindsay for being there from RCM&E. He even asked me my name - David Bowie I said.
  3. I hid my keys in some gorse then set the whole team a sweeping task to see if they could find them - no better way to spend 4 hours of teasing fun. Big thank you to Matt, who didn't like it when I gave him a hug - just need to loosen up a bit.
  4. Tim stole my waffle at tea time, and I won't forget it for a long time. I hope he doesn't have stomach acid for more than a couple of hours.
  5. Big thank you to Bob etc for all the help with the JW.
  6. Looking forward to impersonating an owd chap on a bike in lycra tomorrow morning.
  7. I can't think of a 7.