PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Advert

It was great to meet a few of you late on Sunday. Next time I will have a model with me. Great flying site, so well worth the 2hr trek east.

And SWMBO was still enjoying her picnic with our youngest when I got back to the ice cream car park wink

Will definitely make the effort to get to a few more meets.

Great pics too, but I am looking forward to the ones of the Lightning on a low pass..........

Cheers

Ade

Just to add my thanks to all the previous - to Steve H, for organising the weekend and going above and beyond to collect gate keys and sort out all the unseen bits that make the weekend happen. Also to Phil M and all the other South Wales guys for the welcome and banter. On the bomb subject -my correx Impala would barely penetrate when a bomb was loaded! Beautiful scenery and stunningly impressive slopes. Overall had a great weekend but did have to drive through a monsoon to be let out of Wales on Sunday evening!

Great shots again Phil and co, really captures the atmosphere of a meet - great models, scenery, flying, and banter. V Pleased you all managed to make a success of the weekend, well done to Steve too for making it happen. Really must try to schedule things better next time as Im looking forward to flying the Bwlch.

Andy - the BUFF is looking really nice in those shots - ah that reminds me, the workshop beckons

See you guys and gals on the big rock soon.

Yes the Lightning passes for the camera were cool.

Unfortunately my camera work wasn't the best for these 'close encounters' - same with your Hawk head on passes - and in all the shots the subject is 'soft' - next time I need to take the shots at a slightly greater distance with a bigger focal length instead of awaiting the model to fill te frame at ~100mm - by that point im afraid the model was too close/too fast for me. You live and learn...

Yes that sounds like a great idea, I was gutted that the forecast last year caused us to pull stumps on the idea... If we are going to do it, its best done at this meet in June I think as the nights will be longest... its September again before we next meet on the Orme as you know.

But the plans do depend on Tim committing again to the BBQ arrangement up on the hill, so the final say has to lie with him really...easy to arrange once that 'how to get a gas BBQ and some tables set up in the Orme car park' issue is resolved.

OK on the gear yes

Just need to hope the wind gods get it right this time. As before, if folk will bring whatever food they want cooking, I - or someone else - will do our best to not burn it to within an inch of its death, or undercook it to within an inch of yours.

A quid or two here and there will help pay for the gas, and if any campers amongst us could supply a decent folding table for the day, we're sorted. Best to post here if said table is arriving, in case we get enough to fill the albert hall - its already full of holes dont ya know. T.

Great stuff Tim, many thanks for organising the grill and fuel, like you say let's hope we get the barmy SW sunset we are all hoping for - the BBQ will be a great end to the day and a good mid weekend social - all the time enabling an extended flying session too!! Fingers crossed.

Posted by Andy Meade on 25/05/2016 08:54:57:

Oh dear look at that fat bloke launching that Flanker indecision Lovely pics, the Tiffie head-on looks spectacular! Some very brave flying by Mike with the Frightening too yes

There is only one thing worse than being fat, and that is a bald fat bloke - thank the Lord he didn't appear in any photos!

Hi all,

Am in Llandudno on hols from Friday this week. Anyone likely to be up on the big rock if winds are favourable? Normally fly power sport at Tyldesley but have flown Fusion ( just about!). Might need some help setting rates as its now on Futaba FF9 and Frysky receiver. Will chuck it in the car anyway with dog, missus and kitchen sink and hope for the best! Like reading this thread.

Regards to all.