TFR8 FASST futaba compatible receiver

Marko

Hi all l think this post has gone into the right place ?
since lve been converting my planes to 2.4 I've stayed
with futaba receivers , but it is getting a bit costly £300 to date so far just on the receivers and some more still needed .
l didn't know there were any other receivers that would use
the futaba FASST system until l found this::

In the BMFA mag l saw a add for .......a futaba 2.4 compatable receiver this TFR8 receiver is said (in the review)
to be as good as the futaba FASST and under £30 it seems to be a good option

has anyone used one these or have any comments regarding them .

cheers .................. Mark

Advert

hi marko,
I also have a couple of these receivers have used them on a nitro model and two electric planes range is no problem at all you run out of sight of model first, and on 35 at our field there is a black spot, with these receivers and Futaba 2.4 there is no hint of trouble. i will be having a few more now!
Brian

Hey Marko, I have 2 of them and they have no issues that I can find, I have flown as far away as I can see my Acro Wot and had no range issues at all, I have smashed one in to the ground at the better part of 100 mph and it still works fine, and at less than half the price of the Futaba ones I can`t see why anyone would buy anything else.

Both "Orange" and "FrSky" labelled FASST-compatible receivers are available from various suppliers and appear to be the same receiver with different cases. (Though the early ones were sold without a case, but wrapped in heat-shrink tube.)

I have one in a glider, a second waiting to be installed in whatever I build next. No problems at all so far - just be aware that the fail-safe is setup in a totally different way to the Futaba rx, though it actually gives you more flexibility.

I've not heard any adverse comments on these receivers. I did read somewhere that Futaba are rumoured to be bringing out a new range of cheaper 2.4 rxs themselves - no idea how true that is, though I think they'll have to eventually!

Edited By John Privett on 17/02/2011 22:24:32

One thing, it does say in the instructions, make sure you set em for digi or analog servos, if you get it mixed up they don`t work too well!!

In no particular order;

HobbyKing supplies from Hong Kong, so takes a week or three to deliver. Also note that the HK price drops $10 if you register and sign-in. Alternatively if you remain on that page for more than a minute or so a "never to be repeated" $10 reduction offer pops-up. And does so again every time you visit that page...

The first two are UK -based suppliers. Other sources may also supply them.

• 1 year later...