Help, Brc Hobbies query?

I love BRC hobbies, and I have bought a fair amount of stuff from them, probably 8 - 10 orders or more.

I have never before had a problem with them, that is until last week. I have placed three orders of which I have had a problem with with all of them. This alone would not cause me to write here for help.

The problem is that I have been unable to contact them for the past 10 days. Their phone is either permantly engaged or when you do get through they dont answer. They have also withdrawn their email contact!

Now the problems with the orders vary from the slight (wrong watt meter sent) to the really annoying (supplied screws for a 300w motor were too short and were pulled out of  the supplied mounting block causing a model to crash) oh and a couple of missing items.

But it really is bad when you cant get hold of someone to sort this out

Thank you, I admit its most out of character and its a shame since they are one of the best companies I have met for getting stuff to you cheap and quick. I know they were out at a show last weekend and they have staff on holiday.

Its just off that they seem to have withdrawn communication with their customers. I hope its a staff shortage and nothing more.

Anyway thanks for the help, they have my email and phone number.

Rcvd in email tonight.

A message to all our valued customers

We are aware that some of you are experiencing problems when trying to contact us here at BRC HOBBIES. Please believe us we do not take the phone off the hook - honest! We are simply very busy, added to the fact that we pride ourselves in the service and advice we offer via the telephone.

We are not a ‘stack em high – sell em cheap’ business and as such like to offer our customers help and advice – especially newcomers to the hobby. We all started somewhere! The downside is that sometimes it does tie up valuable telephone time.

To rectify the problem we are in the process of adding a new multi-line telephone system. We also have taken on more staff. We hope to have the new system up and running within the next 2-3 weeks.

The email service has been temporally switched off whilst staff are on holiday but will be re-activated Monday next week (8th Oct) remember - if you need to email us please keep it as short as possible it helps speed up replies. We receive literally hundreds of emails every single day, it takes hours and hours to reply to them all.

We hope the new systems and extra staff will resolve the situation and thank you for your understanding.

The BRC HOBBIES Team.

My stuff has all turned up. The last part yesterday.

I will contact them during the week concerning the other issues.

I have been very happy with their service, and the quality (and price) of their goods, their lack of communication has been their only letdown.

I am very glad that its been a short term glitch rather than a something more serrious.

Anyway thanks for the help.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm in the same boat, I would like to place a substantial order to BRC but I need to check few things as I'm quite new to lips stuff. I rang at least 30 time and the phone is engage or tell me to phone after 2.30 pm at all times. I think I'll try again tomorrow and after that I'll go somewere else.

Regards,

Federico

• 6 months later...
I too am frustrated with BRC Hobbies.

They take your money for items not in stock and then it is in the lap of the gods when you get it! My fastest was next day but my longest was nearly two months.

In essence I don't mind long delivery times but they never email you to say how long it will be! I have just tried canceling my order but no-one answers and there is no email address.

Great products but poor service. Also no search function on website.

Jamie, I am sure if you post your problem in a new thread, and "address" it to Scott Cupello he willl respond as I know him and he will be very concerned that you are having problems. He does frequent this forum. Alternatively try a PM to him.

Generally speaking, folk are pretty happy with the service from BRC hobbies.

As a member of the BRC staff [and a few people who have posted on this thread know fine and well that I am, so I don't understand why they have not dropped me a line], I can tell you that, as Brian has said, staff on holiday, etc has been most of the problem, I can also tell you that certain importers stock levels are not good enough......try to understand, when we say an item is in stock.....that could be 1 of that item, it could be 200, and certain items move very quickly......so if we don't have an item, it's for a genuine reason, not because we are trying to pull the wool over your eyes, if you have ordered an item showing in stock, and we run out, we place an order immediatley, and most of the time the importer supplies in 3 days or so.

The electric flight side of things is just getting over the whole Olympics fiasco, and things are settling quite quickly, however, we [like everybody else] are still getting the odd hiccup, for which I can only apologise. If something has to be returned, we will REFUND that postage and always have done.

So, if you have a problem, SPEAK to me on here via the PM facillity, or e-mail me at [email protected] I don't think I can say any fairer, phone lines will be back to normal soon......please remember, we are a small business, a very, very busy one, and nobody tries harder than us....and our stock levels go way beyond some of our competitors, as does the choice of products, not to say the many new, innovative, high tech products we introduce to the UK market, this is a blip, an unfortunate one, for which I can only say sorry, we have an excellent reputation for service, and we are determined to keep it that way.

May I add, that as I answer most of the e-mail queries, ALL e-mails had been answered by Friday afternoon, and we cleared the vast majority today that came in over the weekend.

Federico....Zippy Rhino packs are still available and selling very well, they are superb packs, I think it may have just been the Lipo you wanted that wasn't available, however, the packs, if not in stock, are no more than a few days away at any given time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scott - I've had very good service from BRC but just a thought on the 'in stock' comment: some webtailers include a stock level for each product (e.g. HobbyCity) so if you see a store has, say, 150 items in stock it should be safe enough to order that item and expect receipt accordingly.

It's possible some webtailers are not updating the stock level numbers frequently enough but if you can include an accurate real-time counter on your web-site it may be a good idea...  

I have used BRC  number of times and always 100% happy with their service/advice.

Indeed, I am pleased to say that Brian came to our Swapmeet (quick plug- Catterick club event , held at Hurworth Grange near darlington each february) in his very early days of business and subsequently gave a very interesting and informative talk at one of our club nights.

it is great to see a such a young business go from strength to strength

• 1 month later...

BRC Hobbies prices are great.

If only their communication were better.

They say you can e-mail enquiries weekdays but not weekends.

It appears that thier weekends last for 7 days.

I placed an order with them yesterday for £50 worth of gear but dont know if they received it and will not know when they have despached it.

Placed an order with RCTRONICS yesterday and the confirmed receipt of the order within a few minutes and also sent an e-mail later in the day to say that the order had been sent.

Received the order 9 am this morning.

Thats what I call service!

So, you placed an order yesterday.....but you don't mention what time....and if it was afternoon, or evening [which you can NOT possibly have done with RCTronics to have recieved it the following day.....not unless they are very, very quiet, even then, post offices close when they close]......you are amazed it wasn't here this morning?????! Am I missing something here? Sorry mate, but I find you dragging this old thread up without us actually having done something wrong just a little strange.

No, you are right, our current software does not send you condirmation of the order, something the new site will do, however, if you have a Paypal transaction ID, then you have placed your order.....not that difficult really, but we are looking to address this when we find the time.

Finally, to confirm my suspicion.....what the alias? The rest of us generally use names.

Don't get me wrong, if and when you have a genuine problem, I'll be more than happy to sort it out.

Thanks Scott

My you are touchy.

Yes the order was placed with RCTRONICS at 3 pm.

Like you say they cannot be very busy.

Yes I do have a genuin problem which is as stated. You do not communicate.

Glad to hear that you are sorting this out with your new web site.