R-C.co.uk

Advert

Posted by Wingman on 24/02/2011 18:40:05:

Here at R-C.co.uk (RcMods Ltd) we aim to bring you the largest selection of RC products available from one place.

The R-C.co.uk website currently lists over 30,000 RC Products all available to order online or collect from our sales counter (please check stock availability before traveling to visit us).

They arein a warehouse just round the corner from me. They are still going, as I pop in regularly for bits and pieces.

They seem to have a strange business model though. The web site was big and then suddenly vanished- the hacker story makes sense although I didn't ask. As for stock, they seem to be building it up in the "shop" part of the warehouse- although it doesn't look like 30000 items! What I would say though is if I have wanted something out of stock they have always been able to get it within a couple of days. They were talking about buying sheets of depron etc last time I was in, and maybe a cnc machine to produce their own design foamies.

I think they run a number of mail order businesses, so presumeably they are paying the bills whilst the website is down. I hope they get it sorted soon though- they look like they might turn out to be a good business to use.

Roger, where are you seeing info re a Hacker?
I hope R-C have a viable backup
rActive

I had just ordered some bits from the company and went to look for some more. All I could see onscreen was this page stating that the website's security was poor and it was hacked in the name of a 'particular religion'. The icon for the site, on my browser, is still a turkish flag. It was round about Christmas/New year time I think, but with my memory......

Roger