Countdown to The Start of the Big Build!!!

I hope this mass build is worth it. It has cost me about 40 hrs and 700 quid so far. (promised the misses I would convert the garage to a workshop)

I now have a 75% complete 18 foot by 12 foot fully insulated workshop that will soon be complete with building bench shelving, heating tools etc etc. All so I do not have to use the dining room table. I was trying to get it finished for April 1st but I think I will really struggle with that one. It is taking all my time up and has meant I've lost several good flying days.

It will be a great little workshop though so well worth it in the long run.

I only started this hobby in October - I think I've been bitten LOL

Best of luck with the builds fellas I will be joining you as soon as my dream workshop is complete.

Steve

Posted by David Gilder on 26/03/2011 13:39:20:
DOH!!!

I find theres always something I forget to buy!!

I aready have my servos......

Dave
Servos! Oops, something else. Well actually I was going to leave them until another pay day but in the end I went out and got them all today... plus a little extra one for a secret purpose.

Ooh! while I was at it remembered something else useful, goes on the front and spins around.

Ian

Posted by Plummet on 30/03/2011 07:31:57:
BEB,

I think the word you are looking for is:-

TWO.

Hope this helps.

Plummet

I was tempted to do that this morning, but I thought I would probably be banned.

Seems he is a bit tardy today, hi calculator must be struggling with the more complex calculation.

Yeap! Guys, if you are so inclined, you can start building from midnight tonight!

I'll be contacting the "lead builders" later today to ask them set up the section build threads. If you wouldn't mind just hanging on until I PM you before doing it so we can co-ordinate them and ensure a common naming convention, and that they all in the right place etc.

Thanks

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 31/03/2011 09:40:01:
Yeap! Guys, if you are so inclined, you can start building from midnight tonight!

I'll be contacting the "lead builders" later today to ask them set up the section build threads. If you wouldn't mind just hanging on until I PM you before doing it so we can co-ordinate them and ensure a common naming convention, and that they all in the right place etc.

Thanks

BEB

Isn't it against EU policy to use lead now?

Better to build it so that no ballast is needed.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 31/03/2011 10:02:02:
Sadly I can only think of one model I've ever built that didn't need at least a little lead at one end or t'other and I can think of a couple where I had to use so much I probably affected the price of lead on the world commodity markets

BEB

OK, now I see wjy you need the lead builders.

Never had to put any into a model, though a Sea Fury I built in the late 70's could probably have done with some in the nose, far too twichy. (was probably a free plan from RCM&E)

I think the Webbit will need about 7g on one wing, my fault, totally forgot to weigh the ribs, spars and sheeting, first time I have forgotten must be age related, or baby related

OK guys, the section leaders are:

Big Bandit - Fuselage and tail
Dave Gilder - Wings
Andy Green - Control Systems
Ian Jones - IC power installation
Olly P - electric power installation
Richard Wood - Covering

Now the role of these guys is to push on with their particular part of the build as soon as they can so as to provide an example for those less experienced.

Everyone is of course encouraged to do their own build blog - these are only examples. We hope everyone will do a blog of their own with lots of pictures!

Can I ask these section leaders to set up a thread under tthe "Charity Mass Build" topic with the title:

Example Build: XXXXXXX

where XXXXXX is obviously the bit you are responsible for!

For the rest of us can you also put your build blog in the Charity Mass Build topic with the title :

"Webbit Build - Joe Bloggs" (not literally Joe Bloggs - there's always one! )

If you don't but your name on it we will of course end up with 50 threads entitled "Webbit"!

OK any questions just ask!

BEB

PS One hour to go!

Just going to start a few of the preliminary jobs right now.I intend to assemble the wing ribs onto the lower spar,and join the fuselage front and rear sides.I'm starting now,as I'm hoping to have the model built,though not covered,by the end of April 1st. I may have cheated a little,though I think not,by preparing all my wood ,i.e.spars,l/e,t/e,etc.ready for assembly prior to April 1st.i'll try and post some photo's later,though I'm not very competent at posting photo's.Good luck with the build,everyone....................Mal.