Countdown to The Start of the Big Build!!!

Yes got my Mini Jazz out off the board a week or so ago, cleared the bench, just need to make a new "Do Not Disturb WIP" sign.

I've found a convenient sized peice of old worktop in the hangar. At 48"x24" it must be just right and today I've faced it with hardboard but I think it will be hard to get pins into it.

While I was out getting the hardboard I bought some solder to make the undercarraige up with (never done one like this before).

Still being good, I haven't started yet, no I haven't, really I haven't.

Ian

Edited By Ian Jones on 25/03/2011 22:55:36

No - my box is still unopened! I will probably have a peek this weekend and take a look at the plan etc. Just to check I have everything I'll need you understand!

Not much danger of me starting before next weekend as I'm pretty busy in work at the moment and getting home quite late most nights.

What servos are people using? I was planing on 9g jobbies - that make sense to everyone else? I think I'll convert the rudder and elevator to closed loop and put two aileron servos in.

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/03/2011 23:26:10:

What servos are people using? I was planing on 9g jobbies - that make sense to everyone else? I think I'll convert the rudder and elevator to closed loop and put two aileron servos in.

BEB

All things like that, and getting the CoG right with no weights, colour schemes, modifications will all become clear when we post photos.

My photos (or many of them) are already in the album, probably make the album public in May, give people chance to catch up first.

DOH!!!

I find theres always something I forget to buy!!

I aready have my servos, batteries, ESC, Motor and Rx and have already done all the soldering of connectors for all these parts!

On the other side of things..... U/C for my Webbit. I'm not very good at doing wire u/c so I have decided to use an undercart of my old cermark 1mtr yak that bit terrafirma a whlie back an went to the flying field in the sky!!! I knew there was a reason to keep it!!!

Getting very excited about this now!!

Cant believe it is all about to happen for real!!!

Dave

Hi David yes a shame as Chris had the webcam software all ready to go, and it takes periodic pics as well, so we could stitch together a time lapse build movie. Will still do it but perhaps a little after everybody else has got under way.

Did everybody notice there was a mention in the BMFA mag this month about the mass build?

Cheers
Danny

Just waiting on my electrics to arrive and I will be on course to 'rock and rotor'. I hear that some who have already built theirs have had to add lead to the nose, I have just ordered a larger Lipo to compensate. Would hate to add dead weight and much prefer to have a few extra minutes in the air instead.
Must get the building board clear now in readiness for the build, looks pretty easy to put together.

There's a bit missing from me kit - the front bit of the fin
Plenty of bits in the scrap box to use so no big deal - these things happen.

I was going to use an Alpha Wing fibreglass U/C (Wot4 type)
but £18 is really a bit steep so will do a wire one.
The Webbit doesn't look right without underparts somehow