Futaba 10CG Basic Help

JayCee

After trying to decide between the 8FG and the 10CG finally decided on the 10CG

Trying to set up my first plane, basic ACRO but I require two separate channels for the ailerons rather than a 'Y' lead on channel one so that I can use 'Sub Trim' The manual states that channel 5 & 6 are already set up but I cant seem to get it to work!

Any help would be appreciated!

JC

Advert

Thanks Ultymate, great help.

Looking at the videos there appears to be two ways of activating the 2nd servo on the ailerons. By activating 'Flaperons' or just selecting the channels you want to use.

Quite a box of tricks, steep learning curve after my old 6EX

JC

I've had mine for a couple of years now great bit of kit, as you say there are more ways than one of skinning this rabbit but I usually go the 1&6 route and activate flapperons but as you say you can do it as a straight mix. Enjoy

Just one more question, I have gone the 'Flapperon' route as you suggested, easier and works fine.
But does the Tx automatically assign a 'Flap' switch? don't want to hit a switch by mistake and find my ailerons are now flaps

JC

JC on all my models that don't get used with flaps at the bottom of the "Flapperon screen" I have FLP2 set at +100% and FLP1 set at -100% this gives me just aileron function and no flaps

• 6 months later...
Tom the 14 channel system uses a lower signal voltage 3V I think to the servos and some opto kill switches will not work without a signal booster These can be had from Emcotec or Hobby King do them a lot cheaper now. Some servos will also not work without signal boosters, here's a LINK to the HK ones.

• 5 months later...

HI, is it possible to adj the rates on a 3 position switch ( C ) on the 10 cag, I have the flaps on that switch, but on pos.1, I get 70% of movement and on 2 100%, I would like to have is 15% on pos 1 and full on pos 2, I have reversed the movement , but it does alter

I have both manuals .. the futaba (orig)  and the one written by Annmarie Cross

any helpme ????? anyone

A.A. Barry

Edited By A.A. Barry on 25/06/2012 01:46:19

Barry, I don't have a CG10, but I suspect that the position 1 is really the center position so adjusting the end travel won't change this. What you need to do is offset the center position so that position 1 gives you the correct throw or alternativelly if the tx has servo curves then adjust the servo curve to get the correct travel in each position. I would have thought the CG10 has both of these options.

Frank, you were almost correct, I contacted Futaba Support and they set me straight:-

Move the switch to centre poss. adjust the lingage to the angle you want, then move switch to off and ajust that position of the flaps by that end point, move to full and adjust that position to the required level by that end point

easy when you know how, it should be in the manual

thanks

Barry

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have a 10CG and am having trouble setting the f/s...I can get into the F/S menu easily enough which as I have only 7 channel recievers only allows for the 3 options

NORM

F/S

When I high light F/s there is a fiqure of 85% shown below but I do not seem able to highlight this number to reduce it...When it is on F/S by the way and I switch off the tranny it goes to full bore....

any ideas please

Cheers

I've only just "discovered" the failsafe function on my 10CG. When you're in the F/S menu, and you've selected F/S, you then can only set the throttle when you're using a 7-channel receiver. You do this by holding down the menu dial with the throttle stick in whatever position you want to be its F/S position.

With mine, putting the throttle to zero resulted in the F/S setting showing 15%, instead of 0% which I expected. But anyway, when I checked it by switching off my trannie with the receiver still switched on, the model's throttle went to zero.