DB Sport and Scale kits

Les Hopkins

Advert

Yeah, go for it! Been building a Gypsy Moth from them for past 2 yrs. Not that it's a slow build, but lots of other projs have come in between. Kit qualilty is great, and their support on email or phone was great when I had a minor query.

It' s really good fun to build - I don't think it will die  out as some predict with the rise of the artf!

Simon.

About 2 or 3 owners ago I use to build the first kit off the production line to check for errors before they went on sale, and I still have some (Auster, Moth 20, SE5,Piper Cub, Albertross) in flying condition.

I have had a look at some recently produced kits and quality is still as good (if not better) than then. the Jodel is quite an easy build so you shouldn't have too many problems.

Chris

I've built the Albatros C1 that I was lucky enough to find at a swapmeet. The kit must have been 30 years old, but was fine and has built into a cracking model. I.ve also got a 1/4 scale pup that I will start soon, again an old one, but in good condition. Will second the help from db, neither kits came with instructions, but a quick call sorted that out.

had plenty of accessories as well and always a great service

I built their 1/4 scale Sopwith Pup about 10years ago modified as a Dove, all details on the plans, and it has flown ever since. Won the Wessex League last year in which it has competed for at least 8years. Bit lucky as Ashley Anderson from Chedworth Club missed one of the meetings, his flying with  his Mk9 Spit is top rate.

Currently building the Hurricane, excellent kit, no complaints, real aeromodelling.

• 1 year later...

got the big pup... lovely

building the cirrus moth... lovely

quality cutting, loads of wood for your money, no cheapo ply aye eddie!!!

Only gripe is the abs cowl that lets the kit down. I whittled one out of balsa block .

very traditional kits, well designed, lots of pre cut and pre bent parts.

That should get me a discount for the next model!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I have received a db sopwith pup (electric) as an early christmas present. They suggest a speed 600 and gearbox for propulsion.I have recently returned to modelling after a thirty year break and find al this electricery rather confusing.I would prefer an outrunner.Could anyone point me in the right direction.

Alan, I think Myron or Eric is selling a speed 600 - check the swopshop section of the forum.

If you really want a brushless instead ( sensible boy ) then something like this should fit the bill.

You need around 2 -300 watts I should think ( depending on the weight of the model ) and not too high  Kv, 'cos you need to swing a largish prop at reasonable speed only - not super quick small props like a jet type would need.

Adam

As far as I remember that was the only tricky bit in the build.

The model is up in the attic at the moment and it's freezing up there. I will try and take some pictures of the cabane wires maybe tomorrow.

In the meantime here is the ony picture of that area I have just now.

Please give the wire bending a go, as the model is well worth building and flies a treat.

http://www.weaver19.eclipse.co.uk/Albatros%20center%20section.jpg