Edited By Lee Morgan on 07/08/2011 15:01:04

Right second attempt

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Snapbucket
Snapbucket
Snapbucket

And there we go , It was easier to paint than put photos on here lol ( please don't tell me off timbo

Lee

Well I will start with it isn't easy , took two attempts to get the truck flames right .
I am well and truly on the learning curve at the moment , But i will keep you updated
Every time I use the airbrush I seem to get a little better . So I am puttin in the hours and we'll see where I get

Lee

Right below is ( hopefully ) a link for my skull on my Vector III

To start with the surface was scotch ragged ( roughed up ) so that its keyed.
Then follow the pictures to see how I got to the final skull

Once the skull is done it gets a mist of klear cote ready for the rest of the wing bottom to be done

Edited By Lee Morgan on 08/08/2011 15:20:32

Edited By Lee Morgan on 08/08/2011 15:21:37

Hey Lee that paint looks fantastic for the first few goes at it. It looks to me like you put down about three layers of paint maybe more. This could build up and add weight right? If I might add a tip...

Depending on what paint you are using but, I would use Auto Air semi transparent black and lightly lay down where I want all of my darkest tones to be. Building up each pass until it's black and feather out where my medium tones are meeting my green and my white. Follow me? so far it's only shades of black. Once this is finished I would take Auto Air green Candy and cover the entire area maybe 2 passes is all. finally hitting my highlights with white or maybe not at all.

I'm not sure what airbrush you are using or which paint you are using as well what your mixture is  So I can't comment there. but it looks real good so far.

Would love to see more.

Edited By Shane Sunday on 11/08/2011 11:27:18

Hi David , You need to get yourself low tack masking tape and pinstripe , It works a treat

Shane I am using Auto air and the ridges ares showing a lot more on the pictures than on the actual project , I wont have any ridges once I have wet & dried the klear cote , It will only need a few wipes with really fine stuff Cheers for the advice though

Lee

If anyone wants some paintwork doing just PM me I won't charge much lol

Thats ace Lee, I did quite a bit of airbrushing in illustrations during my school and Uni years its all superseded with digital now so I haven't used the airbrush for a while and only ever used it on airfix models in 3D - so I can really appreciate what you have done, really nice to see! What paints did you use to spray your vector and what did you do to the surface before painting? Sorry for the questions but thats what happens when you post cool pics!!!

The surface only needs to be keyed , I use a automotive scourer just to rough up the surface , I then use Auto Air paints (www.createx.co.uk) and then finish with a clear cote , Cheap one from car part supplier

Got a few more bits to do on the Vec then it will be all covered in clear before a quick rub down and then polish Might actually be able to go flying soon as my back is getting better finally

Lee

As somebody who has no artistic talent or ability whatsoever, I find stuff like this absolutely fascinating - and bordering on black magic/voodoo!

I had a school-friend (30+ years ago!) whose younger brother did a lot of spray-painting of various designs on crash helmets for people he knew. The individual steps all seemed straight-forward enough, but combining them all and producing the right end result just seemed way beyond anything I could ever imagine producing.

Only problem is, with the amount of work put into that frog - how can you ever dare to fly the model?

Yeah no prob Noel

As to going flying , Yeah if the wind is in the right direction for a slope that doesn't take much effort to walk

I will ring you

Lee

Latest pic , Nothing to do with gliders but just thought I would share it with friends

Tree frog">

Edited By Lee Morgan on 19/08/2011 08:06:30