"Flight of the Phoenix"

Hi Doug, It's a great film, much better than the new one..The german reminds me of one of the guys I used to fly with in the UK
I reckon it's a great project, and have often thought of it. I fully agree with PatMc...You've just got to follow the spirit of the film and work from the original. Think of all the opportunities for weathering, and wonderful details, where things don't quite fit

I'm sure, I've seen stacks of info on the C82 on the web

ernie

Posted by Mowerman on 08/08/2011 19:20:58:
I have a sneaking feeling that it has been moddeled in the past, it even had the figures holding on to the wings. Sadly I cannot for the life of me remember where i saw it.

Yep, the plan was featured in "model flyer" at about the time the new version of the film came out........ like you say had some figures on the wings as well.

just looked it up on google CLICK HERE - unfortunately I cant link to the specific page but if you click "shop" then "back issues" then "volumes 5&6" then click on "July 2005" issue.

it was Free flight indoor but I guess a good starter for 10 for some modification if you can get the back issue.

Craig

Edited By Craig Carr on 08/08/2011 19:47:03

Edited By Craig Carr on 08/08/2011 19:49:46