Canned out runners ?

Engine Doctor

Hi Ive been trying to find who currently sells canned out runners as a direct replacement for the old 400 brushed motor. I was given one some years ago that was burnt out and rewound it for lower kv , now I want a higher kv (around 3000) for a small pylon racer type model and cant find a supplier. I can find plenty of proper in runners but not the canned out-runner type that have far more torque. Super fly models used to make them but they are only availble,it seems in the US . Does anyone know who sells them ? I have looked on Giant Cod and Hobbyking and can find the correct external dimensions but no info on the actual motor . They just say in or out runner.

Any help suggestion welcome .
Thanks

Advert

Puffin Models also do the MEGA range which are inrunners which would be better for a small plyon racer, the smaller sizes are a direct replacement for 400 brushed motors but with alot more power of course, give John a shout, I've been using them for years in small fast models, never missed a beat.

E.D. are you looking for a motor with a fixed can that you can bolt directly in place of a speed 400, but that has an outrunner running inside the fixed can?

I seem to remember these from a few years ago but can't say I've seen any lately.
It will be interesting to see if you find any.

Thanks for all the info . I have been given a 2200kv inrunner and it fits in the model "8mm diameter so i will give it a try . The only problem I can forsee is that ita proper in-runner and therefore has less torque . I want it to spin a 4.7x4.7 camprop direct drive on a 3s lipo i'll find out what current it pulls and the wattage as soon a s its screwed in the model and come back . i would still like the canned out runner as they are lighter and more torquey but will try this first.
Thanks for looking

I have a Turnigy 2835/2200Kv I've tested it on a 6x3 & 6x4 Graupner ic props using 3s lipo.(now using it geared in a vintage jobby)
Respective figures with these props were : 10.3v; 14.7A; 150W; 17800rpm. 10v; 16A; 160W; 16800rpm.

I think the 2700Kv version of this motor would be better matched to a 4.7x4.7 prop. IIRC that's what some of our club were using in Pushycats.

This Keda motor would probably be the same.