DX7s chat

flyeruk

Below is a copy of the instructions for adjusting control stick tensions on a DX8 taken from Chuck Bassanis book The Ultimate Guide to the Spectrum DX8. I would expect that the DX&s is very similar.

In case any one is wondering, the book, which is available on ebay, doesn't say an awful lot more than the Spectrum manual.

DX8

Advert

Thanks everyone for replying to quickly! Chris and Alan, you were right. It's exactly the same as the DX8.

For anyone interested... when you take off the throttle cover (see Alan's diagram), you'll see two little screws (they are a bit offset from the hole). The screw on the left adjusts the throttle friction (Mode 2). It's very easy to adjust.

It's strange though that the DX7s manual doesn't mention this at all. The actual diagram of the back of the transmitter doesn't even show the throttle and elevator holes!

• 1 month later...

go into the flap system menu. at the bottom right you will see Sw:innhibit

scroll the box down to it and click,you will then be able to scroll through all the settings.The order is innhibit,gear,flap,f mode and mix.

to work on the flap switch select flap.HTH

Del

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 01/07/2012 05:22:09

OK Im going to try this on my DX8 and write here what I do. Hope it's the same on the 7s.

• Chose a new model memory and reset the memory to defaults.
  • Model type = Airplane
  • Wing type changed to 2 Ail 1 Flap
  • Sw Select - Flap wont move off inhibit! I guess this is the problem?

OK what I think is going on here is that in Sw Select we have the option to do things other than flaps on that switch. But because we have selected a wing with flaps, we can't use the switch for other things. Let's carry on.

• Go to Main Screen.
  • Quick click on the scroller takes us to Function list.
  • 6th item down is Flap System, go in there.
  • Now choose the amount of flap and the amount of elevator you need at each switch setting.
  • Also choose flap speed.
  • Finaly theres a choice in here of which switch to use.

• 5 months later...

I have a DX7S - love it. Does more than I think I'l ever need

I'm a bit confused about the comments of throttle on monitor being the 'wrong way'.......... does this mean that when you move the throttle stick up, you'd expect the throttle 'bar' display to move left to right, but it moves right to left ? (or vice versa) Excuse my possible stupidity, but does that matter ? I tend to only use the displays when putting in a mix so I can get an idea of what will happen, without having to use the plane itself during initial set up. Is these something I'm missing ?

GG

• 1 year later...

When I got my DX7s my club instructor set it up with my Wot4e for me. As a safety measure he assigned one switch to cut the throttle by using a mix. He said that, as far he knew, the throttle cut function only worked on helis, and so used the mix method which worked well isolating the throttle.

I spoke to another DX7s owner who agreed that you need to use a mix for aeroplanes but I thought it odd as the instructions didn't say so. So now am a a lot more experienced I have just inhibited that mix and set up the throttle cut on a different switch position. It appears to work perfectly.

I just wondered if any other owners had used this function on 'acros'. I am doing something right for a change?angel

• 10 months later...